• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Charlie Co. TBS

NapalmRat

Report april 1st. NFO contract (which i'm still kind of shaky on). I'm hoping it'll be the good kind of memorable time as opposed to the cry-myself-to-sleep-when-i-think-about-tbs kind of memorable time.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Report april 1st. NFO contract (which i'm still kind of shaky on). I'm hoping it'll be the good kind of memorable time as opposed to the cry-myself-to-sleep-when-i-think-about-tbs kind of memorable time.

You will look back with good memories ... but know that there are some long days ahead. The great part is you get to do it with some of the closest buddies you will ever have. Look forward to Pcola, its a whole different world down here. Best of luck, let us know how it goes and if you have any specific questions.

The hours will creep by but the weeks will fly (trust me, you will understand this after its all said and done)

s/f

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I hope it'll be good. A major that lives across the street from me said he hated TBS more than OCS.

So did this Lt ... but its just part of the game. I think the field events are a good time, and its where you learn the most. IMO TBS is a little bit like OCS part II. They are still teaching you a lot about being an officer, and a lot of the learning comes from them doing to you what a not-so-good officer might do to his Marines. They figure if you know how much it sucks, you will remember that when you have your own Marines. None of this is to make you nervous, just aware. You will be fine. s/f

PLCOSU

I have a report date of 05 April. I have been working TAD as an assistant OSO. I actually like working with the 2 Captains in the office, and they are always giving advice and talking shop. But, I have a feeling all that warmness is about to disapear the day I check in with Mike Co. "Lt's".

Here we go again!

NapalmRat

I feel your pain. The OSO here is a c-130 driver and the OSA is a grunt of 19 years. Lots of healthy tips and lessons learned now. And then I'll wake up in TBS M ("Mighty Mike" anyone?) Co. and 6 months of the big suck. So much for good hours and reading a book every day. And hanging out with the college girls all day.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I have a report date of 05 April. I have a feeling all that warmness is about to disapear the day I check in with Mike Co. "Lt's".

Here we go again!

Holy Shit, it's not that bad. The lieutenants you check in with are your student company staff. If they're dicks, tell them to pound sand. Your experience will be what you make of it.

That being said, I can't wait to leave.;)

USMC_NA

my favorite part was the mess night. i'd never been to one before when i was a grunt. i think that was one of the best nights of my life. (i also tried to hook up with a female instructor; alas i failed :( )

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Keep on trying, lol...

For some reason, I think I am going to enjoy TBS, lol. I enjoyed PLC Juniors and am optimistic about Srs... If TBS is half as crappy as yall say, OORAH... lol

From what I have been told by 2part PLCers, Juniors is just about a vacation compaired to Srs...best of luck though...

Killer2

TRONS!
None
FEX 1 has lived up to its name of FEX "Fun." It sucks but then you will know how you LCPLs feel when its 2100 on friday and your giving a saftey brief, it has to be done. Also never dip your pen in govt ink.

NapalmRat

do u play 'games' at TBS? like everyone's favorite: the countdown game. or you didn't move fast enough getting outside so you go back inside and try again?
What kind of gear issue are they doing there now? MOLLE or ILBE? 3 point slings? camelbaks?