• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CG CO relieved

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kind of nice to see this person get her comeuppance. Kharma is a bitch, et. al.
I have a feeling that she is really going to be a miserable human being for the rest of her life and I'm glad that she'll never be able to abuse fellow USN Brothers in Arms ever again.

What I don't get is how she is still in, and apparently going to Dahlgren now. Why she hasn't been forced from the service makes me wonder.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
What I don't get is how she is still in, and apparently going to Dahlgren now. Why she hasn't been forced from the service makes me wonder.

Because she is a Captain. "Different spanks for different ranks" has been demonstrated over and over again. She will be allowed to quietly retire at some point.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I dealt with a Destroyer CO on a det that was almost exactly the same way. Add in some Caine Mutiny leadership traits and there you go. Sadly those seem to be the norm rather than the exception. You would think there would be some way to weed those types out...
What exactly is supposed to "weed those types out?" If her abusive ways were getting results as she was rising through the ranks, the people writing her fitreps aren't going to consider her division or dept's feelings.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
What exactly is supposed to "weed those types out?" If her abusive ways were getting results as she was rising through the ranks, the people writing her fitreps aren't going to consider her division or dept's feelings.

That FITREP should weed her out. She didn't get promoted because of her performance or lack thereof, she got promoted because of family connections and being chosen as a poster child for diversity. FITREPs are meant to get past just results (Whiz Kids could figure out a mathematical equation for promotion boards if it were just about results), and convey whether a person deserves promotion to higher levels of responsibility...responsibility for both mission accomplishment and performance as well as responsibility for the well being of a crew. Her FITREPs ignored the fact that she's been nothing but a tyrant since she put on her butterbars because she was supposed to be a diversity case.

phrogpilot73

How do you know that? And what makes you think her superiors knew she was a tyrant? When was the last time you polled your E-1 - E-6's on their opinion of your LCPO?
If you don't know that your LCPO is a tyrant, than you're a shitty officer. You'd be amazed at what you can find out at the smoke pit. skidkid used to say that you should go down whether you smoke or not. I still swing by at least once a day even though I don't smoke anymore. I know who the shitty SNCO's are.

Guess what, developing subordinates doesn't mean only enlisted dudes. Yes, she may have been hand-picked - but she needed to be groomed and taught, and that didn't happen.

Pags

N/A
pilot
That FITREP should weed her out. She didn't get promoted because of her performance or lack thereof, she got promoted because of family connections and being chosen as a poster child for diversity. FITREPs are meant to get past just results (Whiz Kids could figure out a mathematical equation for promotion boards if it were just about results), and convey whether a person deserves promotion to higher levels of responsibility...responsibility for both mission accomplishment and performance as well as responsibility for the well being of a crew. Her FITREPs ignored the fact that she's been nothing but a tyrant since she put on her butterbars because she was supposed to be a diversity case.
How is Fairy Land? Are the gum drop trees in full bloom?

exhelodrvr

pilot
I'm sure that she "talked a good game" and had good results that she could point to. As long as the inspections are going well there are some COs who look the other way. And when that happens often enough, in the right sequence, this is the result.
Assuming that she displayed this type of behavior throughout her career, I wonder if the CMC brought this up with the CO in any of her early tours?

Pugs

Back from the range
None
"She didn't get promoted because of her performance or lack thereof, she got promoted because of family connections and being chosen as a poster child for diversity"

How do you know that? And what makes you think her superiors knew she was a tyrant? When was the last time you polled your E-1 - E-6's on their opinion of your LCPO?

Do you really think she suddenly became a tyrant? IMO she was likely the same as a DH or heck as a Div O and people were too PC or scared of repercussion to correct along the way.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm sure that she "talked a good game" and had good results that she could point to. As long as the inspections are going well there are some COs who look the other way. And when that happens often enough, in the right sequence, this is the result.
Assuming that she displayed this type of behavior throughout her career, I wonder if the CMC brought this up with the CO in any of her early tours?

Do you really think she suddenly became a tyrant? IMO she was likely the same as a DH or heck as a Div O and people were too PC or scared of repercussion to correct along the way.

I've kept quiet here, but the above two posts are on track. A guy I work with now was on a det on a ship where what's her name was a DH. He's mentioned that there was at least one "assault" on a JO back then and her attitude was the same then. Her actions are nothing new, which is all the more disturbing.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
How is Fairy Land? Are the gum drop trees in full bloom?

What about the statement seems so far fetched? Spekkio asked what mechanisms were in place that would/should have weeded her out. If her superiors were doing their jobs or working with any kind of integrity, this kind of stuff would have found its way into a fitrep. Not rocket science.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
What about the statement seems so far fetched? Spekkio asked what mechanisms were in place that would/should have weeded her out. If her superiors were doing their jobs or working with any kind of integrity, this kind of stuff would have found its way into a fitrep. Not rocket science.
I agree that any number of CO's could've put a halt on her rise to command, but apparently the people writing her FITREP's either felt differently about how one should treat one's subordinates or simply didn't know.

I've read plenty of threads on AW about gripes with SWO DH's and XO's, so it's not unfathomable to think that similar complaints from subordinates don't make it to anyone who cares.

Pags

N/A
pilot

There are plenty of examples of people who get command, promoted, whatever within the Navy and Outside World who seeminlgy don't belong in those positions based on an assessment of their competence, sanity, personality, or some other metric. But that metric is not necessarily the one that the organization is looking at.

Everyone is well versed in the fact that "leadership is not a popularity contest", so we shouldn't be surprised when some folks who get results aren't necessarily well liked. Throughout her career she was doing something right to get the correct paper that got her a major command billet. There are any number of scenarios that could explain how her demeanor was overlooked/ignored/etc.

Ideally, we'd all love to have perfect skippers who are well loved at all levels and get the job done. It's not always going to be the case.

On a semi-related note, more often than not, you do most of the writing on your own fitrep. Of course everything I write is going to be self-lauding and tell the board how awesome I am.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I've read plenty of threads on AW about gripes with SWO DH's and XO's, so it's not unfathomable to think that similar complaints from subordinates don't make it to anyone who cares.

The Blighs, Queegs, Arnheiters, and Grafs are in no way confined solely to the SWO world.