• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CG CO relieved

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
After doing some digging on the interwebs it seems like this kinda behavior wasn't out of the norm for her. Maybe not physical violence, but still being a huge jerk. Apparently she was a big fan of berating officers in front of their divisions and the like.

Pretty venomous stuff being written about her out there. Not many people on her side, it seems. But then again it's the internet. Who the fuck knows?

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
Don't all SWO's eat their young? :tongue2_1 How is this any different? I guess she was chewing with her mouth open or something. :D

CAMike

None
Contributor
Don't all SWO's eat their young? :tongue2_1 How is this any different? I guess she was chewing with her mouth open or something. :D

Please- not the "SWO Eating their young" thing again. Pentagon huh? In fact I hope she gets to work with the current administration in some capacity. She was the Winston Churchill CO previously. I hope her subordinates at that command experienced a more reasonable CO. Then again as Van said.... unfortunately it's unlikely. SWOland will improve in time. For now I suppose "SWOlen" is a more appropriate reference.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Seeing as how this is in my neck of the world, I'll add my two cents.

I'm not surprised in the least.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think this is a first; a female CO being relieved. Interesting. I'm sure the qualities exhibited are the same that probably got her promoted. Having command can bring out different qualities in people.

-ea6bflyr ;)

navy09

None
I think this is a first; a female CO being relieved. Interesting. I'm sure the qualities exhibited are the same that probably got her promoted. Having command can bring out different qualities in people.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Definitely not, perhaps first female O6. I know the female CO of ARLEIGH BURKE got shitcanned when they ran aground pulling into Norfolk a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least a few more.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

-ea6bflyr ;)

Not the first female CO to be relieved, it happens when you run your ship aground.

As for her staying around, should the Navy really be sending that kind of message? I think what Admiral Mullen did his first day as CNO was certainly appropriate.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
You guys should see Sailor Bob, they're going CRAZY over there about this situation. Seems like Captain Graf has been this way for a while, including when she was the CO of the WINSTON CHURCHILL. Much of the discussion tying into gender but, I won't get into that.

My classmate from NROTC is currently onboard the COWPENS and for months he has been telling me how his Captain (now former) was being investigated numerous times by the IG for "conduct" related reasons. Everyone was afraid of her, because they feared of being cussed, sworn at, chewed out, you name it, even fired just for turning in a simple report to her to sign. Classmate has told me that new CO is a complete improvement and is looking forward to a much unified wardroom in the coming weeks and months.

EA6B, as mentioned earlier, the CO of the ARLEIGH BURKE was the first to get relieved. Talking first hand to one of the chiefs (now a LDO on board my ship), poor leadership led to the aground incident and actions taken afterward. Since the event has happened quite a ways ago, nothing more I have to say about this.

On a related note, while I did mention the CHURCHILL, does anyone want to take a guess as to who the Navigator is onboard? And by who, I mean which nationality? I'll give + rep for the right answer.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Captains From Hell are nothing new. I wonder if this is due to a specific incident, going above and beyond just 'being an asshole boss', or if the SWO Navy is really trying to clean up their act when it comes to abusive Captains. I hope it's the last. The "petty tyrant" captains poison whole ships.

The Navy Inquirer seemed to be insinuating that she would be moving on to the Pentagon as scheduled, as if nothing had happened. I have a feeling she was just executing orders she already had in hand... no one bounces back from an Admiral's Mast or being relieved for cause.

Then again, she could always run for Congress.