• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CG CO relieved

CAMike

None
Contributor
Below are a couple of examples of her "management methods" that NO Officer in the Navy should ever say or do, EVER. She was embarrassing. Our freshly minted Officers really need to reflect on this behavior. There is something to learn here and we will be better officers in the long run for it.

1. She also allegedly put a "well-respected master chief" in "time out" — standing in the ship's key control room doing nothing — "in front of other watch standers of all ranks."

2. A younger woman recalled going to Graf to seek her help. " 'Don't come to me with your problems,' " she said, quoting Graf. " 'You're a f______ department head.' " The officer also said that Graf once told her, "I can't express how mad you make me without getting violent."

Today SWOland is a little bit better place.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Below are a couple of examples of her "management methods" that NO Officer in the Navy should ever say or do, EVER. She was embarrassing. Our freshly minted Officers really need to reflect on this behavior. There is something to learn here and we will be better officers in the long run for it.

1. She also allegedly put a "well-respected master chief" in "time out" — standing in the ship's key control room doing nothing — "in front of other watch standers of all ranks."

2. A younger woman recalled going to Graf to seek her help. " 'Don't come to me with your problems,' " she said, quoting Graf. " 'You're a f______ department head.' " The officer also said that Graf once told her, "I can't express how mad you make me without getting violent."

Today SWOland is a little bit better place.

Your avatar is so appropriate for this thread :D

Will_T

Will_T
CA Mike,
the time out thing just blows my mind, I put my little brother in timeout, but a doing that to a seasoned master chief? how does that thought even enter ones head?
when does the thought "Oh, Im going to put him in timeout" cross ones mind and make sense?
And I agree, a better place indeed.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like her response to the IG inquiry they had at the end of the article, blaming a "small group of disgruntled officers....were spreading rumors throughout the crew". Seems to show her true colors, blame the crew.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
I dealt with a Destroyer CO on a det that was almost exactly the same way. Add in some Caine Mutiny leadership traits and there you go. Sadly those seem to be the norm rather than the exception. You would think there would be some way to weed those types out...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
(
..... You would think there would be some way to weed those types out...
Someone's eventually gotta' say it, so I will: she's a piece of shit. A worthless Naval Officer. A disgrace to the Service. GET (the fuck) RID OF HER !!!

The only 'real' question is: how did SHE slip through the 'net' ... ??? :)

BigRed389

None
(
Someone's eventually gotta' say it, so I will: she's a piece of shit. A worthless Naval Officer. A disgrace to the Service. GET (the fuck) RID OF HER !!!

Apparently, female (one of the early few picked as a golden child) + friends in high places.

I worked with another female officer who took self-professed "crazy pills" (yes she was diagnosed with a mental disorder) who will soon likely be standing watch as a warship TAO.

Perhaps it is not a very fine net.

PS Arnheiter Affair is a great book on how a bat shit crazy CO managed to slip through the net back during Vietnam.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Red, YGBFSM!
BTW, I heard her unofficial call sign was "Big Red":p
100305_Holly_Graf.jpg

CAMike

None
Contributor
(

Acknowledged. But the unfortunate reality is that she actually didn't slip through any nets. In fact- this officer likely received observed fitreps most of her life. That itself speaks volumes about the status of SWOland.

This whole story is depressing and odds are, not an isolated incident. We CAN DO BETTER in the future if we learn from our mistakes. (Head Back. Forwaaard...March)

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The 2 worse officers I have ever dealt with have been boat skippers; one of them an aviator.

Similar god complexes, similar types of shenanigans (cruel and tragic shenanigans - not cheeky and fun). Similar stockholm syndromes from those being abused.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
She's now made the Washington Post that focused on her potty mouth. Guess they don't read much or watch Boagrt movies as they could have likened her drag race to the same type scenario in The Caine Mutiny.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Kind of nice to see this person get her comeuppance. Kharma is a bitch, et. al.
I have a feeling that she is really going to be a miserable human being for the rest of her life and I'm glad that she'll never be able to abuse fellow USN Brothers in Arms ever again.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kind of nice to see this person get her comeuppance. Kharma is a bitch, et. al.
I have a feeling that she is really going to be a miserable human being for the rest of her life and I'm glad that she'll never be able to abuse fellow USN Brothers in Arms ever again.

Wonder if she dares to Google herself daily?