• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

*Caution* New tests are out and I was the guinea pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyinHigh

asise, so you already got selected, what were your scores and how long did it take to get them back? I just took the tast last thursday. i cant wait to get my scores back. also what are you applying for OCC, PLC, or Navy?

Samurai

Cool thanks... I don't think I have an option... I think I HAVE to take the computer version. So... is it harder than the paper versions? and what's the best way to prepare? I'm taking it this coming thursday morning.

Thanks!

asise

It really tied the room together.
I got my scores back that day. They sat us down and we watched some crappy film on OCS while they determined our scores. I can't remember my numbers, but they're posted near the end of the "stats and scores" forum. I applied Navy (I don't know what that other stuff is) and I took the test back in April.
Best of luck FlyinHigh! Sorry they are making you wait for your scores, but this game is all about waiting, and they just keep getting longer.

leatherneck82

Manassas IFS
Well ladies I'm back! Scores for the first ASTB were a 5 on the academic and 5 on the aviation section. My OSO didn't give me a third score. He said I needed a 4/6 to pass. He also seemed to think that if I could just pass I would have a good chance of getting in OCC 187 air. He says I have a solid package even though my PFT isn't going to be very spectacular. ASVAB was a 93 and I have a 3.35 from Murray State University and lots of extra-curricular stuff like triathlon clubs and honor societies. Good news is because the board is being pushed back I'm retaking the ASTB this Wednesday (version 4) the 11th of August. I'm also updating my PFT on the same day so I'm not sure what to do first the ASTB or PFT. I'm hoping for a 7/7. If the board doesn't select me for air I'm still going to 187 as ground so I'll see you all there.

"I can power a small city with my whining"

FlyinHigh

Best of luck leatherneck with the retaking of the ASTB. I talked to my OSO today and he told me that I should have my scores back by Wednesday morning, Ill keep everyone posted. One more question how did you feel you did as soon as you were done taking it (prior to recieving your scores)?

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
If there is an Apollo question that becomes tricky. Since Apollo 1 never flew and then the first manned mission for Apollo was either 6 or 7 (never remember which). So do they all get counted? I guess it doesn't really matter since I won't be taking the new test, but from the way some of you describe the exam, it seems more than a bit strange.

FlyinHigh

Yeah, the choicer were like 7,10, 17, and 18 missions. I guessed 17, I mean I looked it up on a website and it said there was 17 missions total. but i remember something like you said that the first didnt actually go, so i have no idea, some confusing ****.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
There were 11 manned Apollo missions (Apollos 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17), one disaster (Apollo 1), and 5 unmanned (Apollos 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6). But 17 Apollo missions all together.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Been looking over the gouge on this site (mainly the SA part), studying nautical/aviation terms, and the math/verbal stuff. Ready for the test on Friday. I'll try and remember some stuff from mine, so I can help out.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
For the guys/gals that have taken the newer test, do you remember if it's still as follows, or has it changed:

Test. Min. Questions.
1. Math/Verbal 35 37
2. Mech. Comp. 15 30
3. S.A. 10 35
4. Aviation/Nautical 15 30
5. Combined ? ?

I think I remember my OSO telling me that the Bio part is no longer there, but it's been replaced with the combined portion. Thanks for your help and corrections.

FlyinHigh

New Test

I went and took the test exactly two weeks ago, there was two distint sections: one math and one verbal, they are no longer combined. The third section was the mechanical comprehension, then there was a aviation/nautical section, the SA section, and a combined section of all topics from above excluding the SA part. You will be pressed for time in all sectrions, fire away if you have any more questions. SORRY for any spelling errors i cant see sh#t, went and had my eyes dilated for the cycloplegic eye exam, it suckis.

Samurai

FYI...

I had no choice but to take the computer version... it wasn't bad at all... I was able to take just the OAR section since i'm only going for Crypto and Supply. All the time limits and #of questions were the same. I scored a 52, which doesn't suck, but it's not great either.

FlyinHigh

got my scores back today, and i didnt pass i got a 4/4 so i have to retake it in two weeks, im so pissed, i thought i did better than that, i also knew the gouge on this site like the back of my hand and i did not think that it helped at all but maybe for some practice of algebra and mechanics. im confused now because i dont know how to study for this test.....anyone who has passed the new forms 3/4/5 please let me know what i can do to further prepare besides the gouge on this site. thanks

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
EA-6B1 said:
5. Combined ? ?

I think I remember my OSO telling me that the Bio part is no longer there, but it's been replaced with the combined portion. Thanks for your help and corrections.

The last section had answer spaces for 50 questions, but I think that there were only 37 questions in the book. ALso, there is no more bio part.

Status
Not open for further replies.