• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbospider2k

What types of cars do the NA's here drive? I remember back when I used to be on base all of the time I'd see some really great sports cars around. My dad drove an 82 fiat spider (which I'm now rebuilding - hence the username), and a friend of his used to own a suhweeet 911 turbo.

Not trying to plan my future aviator career or anything - just curious.

stevew

How do aviators afford 911 turbo's? ...Is that part of of a signing bonus?
jump_125.gif
..... no wonder pilot is full
slaphappy_125.gif

klray77

I just bought my ensign mobile a couple of months ago. I guess since I'm designated SNA you could call in an NA mobile too. It's a new Nissan 350Z. Not the fastest thing out there but it suits me just fine. Of course, I can't say that she's shown me all she can do yet either.

jaerose

Now, I'm not so presumptuous that I assume I'll for sure be a NA since there are many variables along the way and I haven't even been to OCS yet, but I am confident in myself and I have been selected for the aviation program. Heck, I don't even like to call myself that, or tell people that's what I am because I like to make sure I achieve a goal before assuming the identity.

With that said, if and when I finally achieve that goal my first choice as my aviator ride will be a 1968 Camaro SS (preferably black...but I'm not picky), while a 1969 Corvette Stingray in the same color is a close second. I think I prefer to stay with American muscle...not to mention I have a thing for classics in both automobiles and aircraft. I really enjoy WWII birds and late 60's muscle cars. I think its the way they combine great lines and symmetry (without being too frou-frou) with the raw power of the machines. Don't get me wrong...modern Jets are awesome and I'd love to be able to fly one, but sometimes they just don't make 'em like they used to =)

JR

farkle84

it just me, but i enjoy trucks and SUVs. more off road capabilities. you can have speed when you become an aviator if you want.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
They just had a '69 Stingray for sale at a local dealer here in P'cola a few months back -- somewhere around $20,000, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention.

I drive a 99 Silverado, but I did buy my wife an '02 Eclipse GT (they are a dime a dozen down here though). And I just added (4 weeks ago) an '03 ZX9 (Ninja) to my stable of bikes.

Hudson

So how does this work? Are pilots the only ones driving fancy cars? What about FOs? Or are they reduced to driving wagons and mini vans? If so I might need to rethink this NFO thing. I just don't think I could drive another wagon.

farkle84

motorcycles. now those are fun. i like the naked look to the bikes. the sv650 and the ducati monster and most of the triumphs. jboomer the new ninja is sweet. what other bikes do you have?

stevew

Originally posted by jaerose
Now, I'm not so presumptuous that I assume I'll for sure be a NA since there are many variables along the way and I haven't even been to OCS yet, but I am confident in myself and I have been selected for the aviation program. Heck, I don't even like to call myself that, or tell people that's what I am because I like to make sure I achieve a goal before assuming the identity.

With that said, if and when I finally achieve that goal my first choice as my aviator ride will be a 1968 Camaro SS (preferably black...but I'm not picky), while a 1969 Corvette Stingray in the same color is a close second. I think I prefer to stay with American muscle...not to mention I have a thing for classics in both automobiles and aircraft. I really enjoy WWII birds and late 60's muscle cars. I think its the way they combine great lines and symmetry (without being too frou-frou) with the raw power of the machines. Don't get me wrong...modern Jets are awesome and I'd love to be able to fly one, but sometimes they just don't make 'em like they used to =)

JR

now lets not forget the Pontiac GTO if you wanna talk American 60's cars. I'll take the new one coming out in 2004 if you gave me one
bouncy_125.gif

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I've got a '79 CB650, an '01 KX250, and a '00 TTR225 (wifes bike) -- as well as my '03 ZX9.

Well, as far as what FO's drive, the only FO I know (PAT1USMC) drives a PT Cruiser!

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
I have to give up my '96 RF900
jump_125.gif
as I am going to OCS soon. But, as soon as I hit Intermediate/Advanced Training (Jets hopefully), my present will be an '04/05 R1 or similar. Ever since I started riding, I have always said that I will never live without a motorcycle. Riding is life away from home.... a good way to resolve suppressed agression at times, and other times its just pure octane fun!

Right now, I'm stuck with a '95 Camaro Z28 (Blk) and a minivan
paperbag_125.gif
turtle_125.gif
(great combo huh? I got kids...that don't fit in my Z28 or on my RF900. Don't think it would look too cool if I strapped two infant car seats on the back of my bike...now sidecars...that's an idea
idea_125.gif
)

D

jaerose

I dunno...might be cool...twins strapped to a crotch rocket. Man, what a good night at the clubs...ahhhhhh! D...you missed it. Anyways, the GTO is definitely welcome in my garage.

JR

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
2002 Black Mustang GT. I got a 20K loan through USAA for 3.9% APR. Ask for the "Pre-Commissioning Loan"

jaerose

Our recruiter (OPO) told us that if we wait until we get commissioned that we can get 0.0% financing through USAA...is this true?

JR

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
i doubt it... maybe for new cars.. but i doubt it. They didn't mention it to me and I told them I was getting commissioned the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.