• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

beau

I got my Ensign mobile a year ago before my senior year in College. Toyota Tacoma. Waiting for the officer cash flow to get all the after market sh%t done. I must say though that I see a 350Z in my future at some point! "She will be mine, oh yes, she will be mine!" Dude, i havent seen Waynes World in forever!

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

Jim

i just got a new 2003 black mustang GT this past week. $750 military discount from ford. i was looking at 350Z's for awhile also, but nissan was too stingy on the incentives and rebates. one of my friends has a white 68 camaro SS (beautiful car) and also happens to be in the army, so you can imagine the ford/chevy and army/navy smack talking that goes on in that friendship.

-jim

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Let's see, I've got the family car, my 2001 Ford Escape. I've got my daily driver, a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse. Then I have my fun car, a 2003 Ford Cobra, with a few extra little mods
jump_125.gif

jwgross

I know what I'm getting. The brand spankin new Subaru Impreza WRX STi version. 300+ HP, AWD, better cornering and handling than any of the cars you've mentioned so far, save a 911 Turbo. I think the idea of driving a Colin MacRae style car for only $33K or so. I wonder if I can get it to power slide. Probably tough with Sub's ABS... hmm. Of course, it looks like a Mom-mobile with a big-ass scoop on the hood and a spoiler, but I'm hoping that they'll produce a 2 door version soon. Besides, function over form any day.

Either that or I'll look at a Ducati, a 2-wheel version of a Ferrari. You realize, we're insurance nightmares. :)

Josh

jaerose

Hey, my uncle works for Subaru in Indiana. They actually have some pretty sweet deals and if you go to their website there's a link for military discounts/rebates, or something like that. Those Imprezas are pretty mean.

JR

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Unlike Nuke Officers, Pilots and NFO's do not get an initial signing bonus.

As for Avaitors (both Pilots and NFO's), the stigmata of driving sexy cars went out the door with Top Gun. The smart thing to do is drive what suits you. If your college car is falling apart, buy a new (or used) one. BUT, if your car is in good condition, stick with it. I went through flight school driving a 1985 Jeep Cherokee....and this was in 1996.

If I could buy a sexy car, it would be a 1969 Olds Cutlass 442 Convertable.......or a 1969 Mercury Cougar (convertable, of course).
That's my 2 cents.
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, yeah....If you just have to buy a new car. Do your research. I bought both of my new vehicles BELOW invoice. Check out http://www.edmunds.com
There are lots of NEW car buying tips!
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Bought my Lieutenant mobile at Sandy Sandsing as well. 1990 Chevy Silverado. Strange but I'm still driving it. Bought a truck so I couldn't go fast. I love speed but I can't afford tickets and the rising cost of insurance with each ticket. Frumby

Attack Pilot
LtCol USMCR

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Instead of getting a new car, I was thinking about keeping my current car running for a nice long time (Black '99 Ford Exploder Sport) and buying a Piper Cherokee...now THAT's sexy...
-A

Ummm...yeah

rare21

pilot
Contributor
dang i drive an old ford police interceptor and plan on keeping it for a long long time...rarely get tickets cuz i look like a cop!

turbospider2k

Of course, unlike Nuke officers, NA's and NFO's don't get radiation exposure (not to say they're guaranteed to live to see 50 or anything).

That WRX is a hot little car. Would be great for amateur rallying.

jaerose

Actually, I've been thinking of the personal aircraft idea, too. It would cost less than my car payment, which is almost paid off. I drive a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee and prior to that I had a Jeep Comanche with 260,000 miles. Same straight 6 engine in both, so hopefully that means I have another 170k miles to go.

JR

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
<hi-5> Jaerose...
If you have a personal aircraft, who cares what kind of car you have? Taking a gal for a scenic flight over the local area can be way more romantic than driving around in some import that sounds like a lawnmower, and besides - the speed limits up there are much faster!
-A

Ummm...yeah

turbospider2k

Yeah, but you have to pay insurance, MAINTENANCE, fuel costs, etc. plus the price of the a/c. Don't get me wrong or anything, owning a little Bell Helo or maybe a small twin (or old warbird, perhaps) would be great, but if I'm gonna compensate for something, I'd rather do it in a fast car.

Not that I have anything to compensate for.

Status
Not open for further replies.