• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Cannabidiol (CBD) and the Navy

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
not an argument more of info from someone I know in the industry who feels regulation will result in regulated THC levels and those levels will probably not be what growers want or are doing now.

An interesting note is that even though they have a large grow operation they themselves have stopped using having seen the affects on themselves and a few family members, from a mutual friend they said they will continue to operate because money is money lol

And what are/were the effects?

Genuinely curious, not passing judgment.

exNavyOffRec

And what are/were the effects?

Genuinely curious, not passing judgment.

The husband started smoking constantly, to the point she had to be the one to take the kids anywhere as they were concerned if he was pulled over he would be found to be DUI, I do believe it was the same with a brother or brother in law? To be honest the family on both their sides has had issues with addition and mental illness, so they are not a great representation of a person(s) who use occasionally.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
A friend of mine who works for a three-letter agency does CBD every day. He’s convinced that it is okay for his agency’s policy. Time will tell, on that. But he reports that it does help him relax, sleep, de-stress, and recover from tough workouts.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
It's all a ploy for big urine to protect their testing infrastructure investment! But it would seem its pretty standard Navy being slow to react to changes. This article hits on possible label inaccuracies causing sailors to still pop for THC on Navy drug tests.

The real irony is how many unregulated supplements are consumed by sailors and the Navy doesn't bat an eye in the name of "health and safety". Someday the Navy is going to have to deal with legalization and the answer can't be a blanket prohibition. Doubt I'll see that day during my time in uniform.

From my understanding, and the way it was explained by the higher ups in my command out here in the Golden State, is that the tests the Navy uses can't tell the difference between CBD marijuana usage and THC marijuana usage. Thus, any of the electric lettuce in your system will lead to you popping positive, and due to the Navy's blanket prohibition, you will be given the boot.

Regarding supplements, I receive a bi-annual supplement questionnaire from Big DoD Medical (I forget the agency) that asks me what I take and how often and why. That tells me that somebody, somewhere is curious and trying to figure out what the long range implications are. Still, the amount of guys I see mixing Monster and pre-workout is insane and can't be healthy. The severe sleep deprivation of surface and submarine Sailors also isn't healthy. Eventually we're going to pay the price for how hard we've been running our people and telling them to "do more with less."

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If only *Imagine if we judged our alcohol drinkers by similar standards :)
Not saying there are not some parallels, but the vast majority of times someone drinks alcohol they do not drink to intoxication and likely want to avoid it for DUI reasons. On the other hand, everytime someone does pot the purpose is an intoxicating affect. So I think you can judge some users differently.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
The vast majority of times someone drinks alcohol they do not drink to intoxication and likely want to avoid it for DUI reasons.

Not sure what crowd you're referencing, but I'm talking O-3 and below here :)

everytime someone does pot the purpose is an intoxicating affect

Not everybody smokes like Spicoli...plenty of people smoke weed the way -- to your point above -- people drink alcohol who aren't trying to get "to intoxication."

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This statement makes me think you're high right now.
And you get shit faced every time you step up to that nice bar of yours? You buy fine liquor because it gets you drunk quicker? You don't enjoy a top shelf whiskey for the taste rather than a buzz?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not sure what crowd you're referencing, but I'm talking O-3 and below here :)

Not everybody smokes like Spicoli...plenty of people smoke weed the way -- to your point above -- people drink alcohol who aren't trying to get "to intoxication."
Most smoke for the affect, but maybe not to serious intoxication. There is no other reason. Not really a judgement, just saying it is a different approach than many, I think most, drinkers most of the times they tip one.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Most smoke for the affect, but maybe not to serious intoxication. There is no other reason. Not really a judgement, just saying it is a different approach than many, I think most, drinkers most of the times they tip one.

Do most beer drinkers enjoy tasting hoppy piss and lament the tingles they feel during their journey for that hella taste?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Do most beer drinkers enjoy tasting hoppy piss and lament the tingles they feel during their journey for that hella taste?
300px-Monkey_Puppet.jpg