• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can I Geo Bachelor at advanced?

I am planning on heading to a Corpus Christi hopefully for advanced, but purchased a house in Pensacola. I was wondering if I would be able to leave my wife here with the house and Geo Bachelor on base in Corpus? Anyone have any idea if this is possible? Rather get the info from the forum than from our admin lady who is clueless. Thanks!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I am planning on heading to a Corpus Christi hopefully for advanced, but purchased a house in Pensacola. I was wondering if I would be able to leave my wife here with the house and Geo Bachelor on base in Corpus? Anyone have any idea if this is possible? Rather get the info from the forum than from our admin lady who is clueless. Thanks!

Did you ask fellow studs or IPs?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
You can geobach wherever you like. You will get the BAH rate where you reside, not where your family resides.
Pickle

robav8r

None
Contributor
Sorry for the bad grammar robav8r. Used my phone and fat fingered it. I'll make sure I try to improve my grammar skills so that I don't upset anyone else.
Good - grammar matters in the real world, don't want you getting crushed by someone who could actually have an impact on your career :)

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
There were a couple of dudes who lived in the RV lot in Krock when I was there. One was single, the other was geo baching while their spouse was back at home finishing a degree.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I would highly advise against geobaching right now. The Navy will keep you from your family many times in the future. There is no reason to do it for a couple of dollars. Especially in flight school.
The stress of having to try and run your family from distance isn't always worth the savings in money and hassle.
I am 9 months into a 24 month geobach.
It fucking sucks.
I left my family in Milton for the schools, support network, and because Norfolk sucks.
I wish I had them with me.
Pickle

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would highly advise against geobaching right now. The Navy will keep you from your family many times in the future. There is no reason to do it for a couple of dollars. Especially in flight school.
The stress of having to try and run your family from distance isn't always worth the savings in money and hassle.
I am 9 months into a 24 month geobach.
It fucking sucks.
I left my family in Milton for the schools, support network, and because Norfolk sucks.
I wish I had them with me.
Pickle
Isn't this pretty much what everyone here counseled you against doing?