• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Callsigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaerose

BDCPUAH, you let the drunken fingers do the walking, huh? Why does that happen...it's like your brain says 'no, really, they'll love hearing from me at 3:30 in the morning...it'll make their day!' Nice!

Longhorn, honestly I haven't tried to do it in a long time...I've kind of changed my routine to try and be a little less bulky, so I'm sure I've lost some strength. I could never do a bunch of reps with it, or anything like that...but I think it was an ego thing. I never, ever max out (especially on bench 'cause I hurt my shoulder way back when), but one day a guy left 135 on the squat aparatus that I wanted to use and I was too lazy to take the weights off. Kind of funny, huh, I'm too lazy to bend over and pull some weights off, but not too lazy to try and curl it high enough to rack it...I'm retarded!

JR

BTW, I'm not one of the 'how much can I lift' fellas...oh, what happened to our 'signatures?'

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Most of us have come to expect that type of attitude from Splinter. Probably why he's in HT's now. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to get jets in the Marines(whether you want them or not right now) as long as you have better than a 50 NSS. Guess that's why he's so upset. He should probably be spending more time on fixing his attitude than on this site, if he plans on making it to the fleet. Splinter, you're burning bridges left and right, don't think your peers don't notice.

NuSnake

jaerose...hell yeah man, haha the next day my phone is always ringing off the hook with all my ex girlfriends callin me to find out why the hell I called them....its a blast, I do it every time!!!

farkle84

drunk dials are the best, especially if you cant remember what you said to the person and you hear from them the next day. always are great experience.

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
jboomer,

"Probably why he's in HT's now."

Are there anymore insults you would like to hurl at all of the SNA's at South Field? Or perhaps you would like to go further and degrade all of the fleet helo pilots as well? Good natured ribbing is one thing but the line is starting to get crossed on both sides. Remember, regardless of whether you fly jets, props, helos, drive Motor-T, we all exist to get that LCpl rifleman to the objective.

Oh yeah, I escaped with a 2.67 GPA in History at the University of South Carolina - Myrtle Beach. However, I do know beer. College was fun. :)

And if you see a Maj Drew (Harrier bubba) in Meridian, give him my regards - we floated together back in '96.

NavyLonghorn

You know.. for some reason.. no matter how drunk I am.. I have a little voice in my head that says "don't do drunk dials" and "don't kick someones ass." I really need to get rid of it.

AviatorMR239

Originally posted by BDCPUAH
jaerose...hell yeah man, haha the next day my phone is always ringing off the hook with all my ex girlfriends callin me to find out why the hell I called them....its a blast, I do it every time!!!

It's better to do some drunk dialing and take the small chance an ex will be thrilled that you were thinking of her while smashed at 3 a.m. then to wake up next to some sea-donkey you took home becuase your beer goggles betrayed you yet again
banghead_125.gif

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
chip.. i was just busting your balls because you were talking about yourself way too much there man... you want to get all sensitive and write a thesis talking all this "integrity close to your heart" and "special trust and confidence" crap, then that's cool. it just gives me more reason to think you're a poindexter. i think the most important thing you said in your thesis was "If you want to be me just say so, I'll tell you how." you should stop walking around thinking that. i guess because you just finished up with a $hit-ton of training your rightly feeling a bit good about yourself. but you need to calm down and stop stroking yourself. people might want to be a marine or they might want to fly jets.. but they don't want to be you. i mean, your name is chip for gods sake!! hahaha. oh yea, and people really need to stop typing retarded $hit like "carry on".

and boomer.. what are you talking about? my attitude is why i'm in ht's? have you ever figured that alot of good Marines want to fly helicopters. and "make it in the fleet.."? see what i'm talking about these guys being a bit dorky? and what peers' bridges are you talking about? you? i don't even have a clue who you are? and if for some reason i had a bridge with you, i imagine i'd NUKE the thing!

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Originally posted by splendid_splinter
all the ideals most people have about the jet community being all this top gun $hit (which is getting to be a really gay topic on this site) have a huge misperception. for the most part, the guys i've seen drafted into jets are the geekiest flight students of the lot... honestly, if you have the charisma of a scientist, you might make a good jet guy..
Originally posted by splendid_splinterand boomer.. what are you talking about? my attitude is why i'm in ht's? have you ever figured that alot of good Marines want to fly helicopters. and "make it in the fleet.."? see what i'm talking about these guys being a bit dorky?

just because a Marine wants to fly jets so he puts out a little effort in Primary in order to get it, he's now a Geek? that's all it takes, a little effort, instead of hanging out at Seville Quarter every night. but i suppose there are geeks in every community ... but not as many geeks in Jets as they are "angry" Helo pilots ... tell me, did you try to get less than a 50 NSS at Primary because you are one of those "good Marines that wants to fly helicopters"?

just "busting your balls" bro

semper fidelis

kevin

my point about the girl lifting was that i dont see many women lifting weights at all, let alone in such a fashion as to require a spotter. ie, most women wont bench because they apparently think it will cause overnight reduction in breast tissue. most of the lifting women do is very light dumbbell work and the focus is on reppage (like running 50 miles a week) to burn calories as opposed to the focus being on intensity and burning out forced reps. hence, they typically dont need spotters. fortunately there are exceptions to this (2 girls i personally worked out with in college) and even nikki on this site, who has impressive numbers. that being said, it's still a stereotype that holds pretty well. sad but true.

jaerose, the 135 lb curl reminds me of a guy i saw doing reps with 225. of course he was swinging his back to the point it looked like he would snap in half, but still fairly impressive. as for benching, i think it's greg wahr (sp?) who holds the bench record....around 600lb lift at 180 lbs. (that's sick).

jabravo2003

DRUNK DIALING IS NOT COOL!!! HAHA, last time I did it(about two weeks ago) it got me dumped by my girlfriend, also I think it stems from one night when I went to go stay over one of my ex's called and yeah, I won't mention what the ex said HAHA,which really sucks cuz she was a great girl(the gf that is), damn cute airman might I add. Oh yeah, Red Bull and Vodka, becareful with that stuff man, it is not good for the heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.