• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Callsigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuSnake

Yeah jaerose...I know what you mean, when I'm doing burnouts with 315(20-30 reps mind you) I need someone to pull it off me at the end...man, that just gets tooooo heavy!!! hahaha(just a joke of course)

If a frog had wings he wouldnt bump his ass all the time

jaerose

I, too, can curl more than that...but I was making a point. If you do lateral raises with cans of soup long enough...eventually you'll burn out. Can I get an "Amen?" If you do 50 reps at 135...I'm sure you'd think it was getting heavy.

JR

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
--Edmund Burke

"So long as there's a breath in me, that long I will persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles of success, if I persist long enough I will win."
--Og Mandino

chiplee

Registered Boozer
pilot
Originally posted by BDCPUAH
Yeah jaerose...I know what you mean, when I'm doing burnouts with 315(20-30 reps mind you) I need someone to pull it off me at the end...man, that just gets tooooo heavy!!! hahaha(just a joke of course)

I was gonna say HOLY CRAP. I thought I was a house when I used to get sets of 10 at 315. I was taking you seriously when you wrote 20-30 reps and my jaw dropped. Best overload sets I ever got were the mid 20s sets at 225 though. I liked those better than the heavy stuff for some reason. Volume really seemed to promote growth better for me. Started warming up with a set of 20 or 25 at 225 there for a while when I worked out with a swede who maxed over 500lbs and I didn't really like that either. No matter how strong I got I liked a warm up set at 135, even when it felt like I was just lifting the bar. That was all while I was at my strongest in TBS and I ran 3 miles in 25 minutes because I was such a fast twitch muscle guy. I only weighed 195 though so I guess that was no excuse.

vipersig.jpg

farkle84

135 is more weight than some of the people on this forum. i can curl 50 dumbells, but 135 on straight bar is a freaking lot. i would sh#t my pants trying to do that or pop a lot of blood vessels in my neck and arms. cheers to you

farkle84

oh yeah about callsigns. i just got a stash job and the first day i walk into my station after reporting to the CO a LTCDR says have you gotten a callsign yet.(this is 15 minutes after the CO) the LTCDR types in my name first and last into a computer and then calls me "fist" i have no clue why. but its better than what a MIDN got "boybitch" which is freaking hilarious. so, dont worry about what you want your name to be, be worried about what others will give you, because it may or may not stick. cheers

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
boybitch?

That has to suck so bad... but maybe it fits the guy.

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
chip... (i really can't believe you go by that name and get away with it) why do you think we give a $hit how much you can exaggerate about yourself? seriously, guys like this define the stereotype of jet guys being freaking DORKS!

all the ideals most people have about the jet community being all this top gun $hit (which is getting to be a really gay topic on this site) have a huge misperception. for the most part, the guys i've seen drafted into jets are the geekiest flight students of the lot... honestly, if you have the charisma of a scientist, you might make a good jet guy..

jaerose

Yeah, I can curl 135, but not for many reps...I'm 5'9 and 210 lbs...I'm trying to get to 180 before OCS in OCT. I can send a pic if you want...I'm also working on my website, which I'll put in my profile when it's ready. Cuervo tonight...a little...hmmm...working on my call-sign...I suppose =)

JR

Jester

pilot
Originally posted by splendid_splinter
chip... (i really can't believe you go by that name and get away with it) why do you think we give a $hit how much you can exaggerate about yourself? seriously, guys like this define the stereotype of jet guys being freaking DORKS!

all the ideals most people have about the jet community being all this top gun $hit (which is getting to be a really gay topic on this site) have a huge misperception. for the most part, the guys i've seen drafted into jets are the geekiest flight students of the lot... honestly, if you have the charisma of a scientist, you might make a good jet guy..

Sounds like someone is a little bitter about flying helos. I definately agree about the topgun gayness occuring on this site though.

chiplee

Registered Boozer
pilot
Originally posted by splendid_splinter

I wasn't aware that you wouldn't approve of my participation in the smack talking about lifting. I assure you everything I said was true, and at the time seemed to fit the conversation. I suggest that in a forum like this you try to respect the fact that every officer here, especially the Marines, hold's his integrity near his heart. you know, the whole "know ye that reposing special trust and confidence in the patriotism, valor, fidelity, and abilities of" thing. I'm impressed with the fact that you have the balls to badmouth me, but I think you have alot to learn. My peers in jet training were just good guys like they were in primary. They've always been just a bunch of great kids who want to do something fun and exciting, and serve their country in the process. I've been quite vocal about how it's the luck of the draw most times that gets guys jets. I had a 2.54GPA and a degree in English. Geek? hardly. How can you feel comfortable showing your ass like that? How can you not think people will consider you green with envy? If you want to be me just say so, I'll tell you how. I can't help you in the gym though, that takes genetics anddiscipline, one of which you're sure to lack. There you happy, that's arrogant. I'd hate to not fit in to your idea of a cocky jet guy.

Oh and my name? you don't like chip? I'll say something to my mom but I'm pretty sure we're gonna have to stick with it. I hope you can learn to live with it. Maybe I could change it here for you so you don't have to look at it in disgust. wtf dude? until now I've been impressed with the general mutually respectful tone around here. Comments like yours are for car forums or gay teen forums or wherever you like to hang out. They seem to keep it very tactful around here, and then you have to go and spout off like reputations can't be made here, and you're immune to the effects of being a dick. That's fine, carry on.

NavyLonghorn

Hey man, easy on Chip now, we were all just having a nice chat.

Damn Jaerose, If I tried to curl 135 I think my arms would pop.

NuSnake

It was red bull and vodka last night for me...after some beers.....needless to say I made some drunk phone calls...hahaha

AviatorMR239

had no idea this "lighthearted topic" was gonna turn into such a pissing match.

To kevin who asked what girl needed a spot, the answer is a damn fine one. It doesn't matter how much weight you put up, doing certain lifts without a spotter is foolish. How are you going to work to failure without someone there to provide a spot.

I'd rather work out with someone who can barely lift the bar, but does so with intensity and determination, than a self centered egomaniac who feels the need to let everyone in the gym know who can lift more

Status
Not open for further replies.