• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Callsigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

AviatorMR239

So i know you, me and most of the people here are just praying we get into OCS and a long way from getting our wings, but you can't deny that you take a certain part of each day a dream about what it will be like WHEN you make it.

I was in the gym yesterday and a pretty cute girl asked for a spot and we talked and blah blah blah.. anyways i tell her about what i want to do and of course she brings up TopGun.

After the "uniforms are hot" and "aren't you afraid to crash" and the other questions normally asked (you know what i'm talking about) she goes: "so what's gonna be your little nick name thingy" (women always have a way of making things sound "cute")

and it occured to me.... i have no idea what i would pick as a callsign.

this is a light-hearted post and i'm not trying to provoke the "you have a lot more things to worry about between now and then", i'm just curious is it's crossed anyone else's mind and what they would pick

miketx80

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the other aviators in your squadron would typically "help" you choose a callsign.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Originally posted by miketx80
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the other aviators in your squadron would typically "help" you choose a callsign.

Yep, I'm pretty sure that you will get some "help" with your callsign.

andrew

At least when my uncle was flying" they picked your "call sign" and it was usually something funny or embarrasing personaly.

NavyLonghorn

Alot of times the story makes little to no sense aswell. They called my father "Basic" because someone thought him roughing a bunch of guys up at a bar was "really Basic."

jaerose

My money's on something related to your name, or if you screw something up it will be related to that.

JR

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
--Edmund Burke

"So long as there's a breath in me, that long I will persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles of success, if I persist long enough I will win."
--Og Mandino

chiplee

Registered Boozer
pilot
what ever you do don't let on if you hate your callsign. that's a sure way to lock it in for life. People will call the squadron you're going to and tell them what your callsign is and how much you hate it just to make sure you keep it. You have nothing to do with what it is, and you shouldn't.

vipersig.jpg

kevin

forget the callsign crap....where did you find this girl who needed a spot? unfortunately, the last time a saw a girl lifting a weight that she actually needed a spot was, sadly...never! point me to this gym, please.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sometimes a callsign just doesn't make much sense... some classmates call me "Timbo" while most of the others call me "Gash." Go figure.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For God's sake try not to get stuck with Marerick or Goose. True, you have little control. My call sign was based on a mispronounced short hand of my last name. Originally I was called "Gangster" based on a colorful pre navy incident that almost kept me out of the navy. I liked Gangster too much so Wink stuck. Somr are just to obvious. Most guys named Campbell end up with Soup. My favorite was a guy named Mann and his call sign was Uda. I always loved that.

jaerose

Hey, a woman doesn't have to lift 225-lbs. to need a spot, either. I know petite women who need spots because they push themselves, so any woman who works hard in the gym will probably need a spot at some time. Geeze...I can lift 135-lbs. for enough reps that I'll need someone to pull it off of me =)

JR

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
--Edmund Burke

"So long as there's a breath in me, that long I will persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles of success, if I persist long enough I will win."
--Og Mandino

Status
Not open for further replies.