• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

California Fires

CPENgunner

In case you all haven't heard, Camp Pendleton now has two fires burning on base. One is in right behind the airstation for those who know Camp Pendleton. Not sure where the other one is. Fires there are not close to any housing at this time though.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I'm curious when they're gonna roll out this bad boy...maybe it's been flying in SoCal.

xnvyflyer

xnvyflyer
pilot
The San Diego fire is much nastier than the media could ever show you. Just got done with flying the entire county to assist with mapping the fire. How I miss the fresh air.

Back to work.

Whalebite

I flew in last night, commercial flight. Flying over the fires the turbulence was the worst I have ever experenced. Was about 5k feet into SAN. I thought it was a fun ride, the cabin applauded the pilots on landing (landing was uneventful)
Hope everyone is ok.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I hope it burns down Wilcox range... I hate that damn range... looks like its hitting 33 area pretty good though, hope they get a handle on it (except for wilcox).

red1323

San Diego Naval Base isn't seeing any damage but the base was closed to all non necessary personnel Tuesday and Wednesday, so there are a lot of bored surface types with cancelled classes milling about downtown. Most news reports say that the shelters have plenty of volunteers and supplies, except face masks. My car is covered in ash, but I did not notice any smoky smell or ash when I was out tonight. The firefighters are doing a good job at keeping property loss to a minimum, and the people in effected areas seem to be handeling it well keeping deaths and looting to a minimum. As a veteran of many hurricanes, I'm really impressed by how well the community is coming together.

S.O.B.

pilot
On the news I saw a huey with some kind of mini bambi bucket. Why don't they stop screwing around and get some man size buckets on the shitters out of Miramar.

phrogpilot73

On the news I saw a huey with some kind of mini bambi bucket. Why don't they stop screwing around and get some man size buckets on the shitters out of Miramar.
Done.

fire_20.jpg

KBay - we need some pics of the mighty Battle Phrog getting the job done, as she's been doing for over 40 years!!

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Anybody got a .wmv of that DC-10/MD-11 doing the low-level retardant drop? That was f-ing impressive. Any idea of his AGL?
NMCI won't let me see shit...