• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Bye Bye Blueberries!

hscs

pilot
Because nothing says "Navy" like green camo. Sigh. Not that I'm defending blueberries, but there is no fucking plan to any of this.

Lots of foreign navies wear greens as a working uniforms on shore - it is nothing so crazy.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
The type IIIs are pretty dang comfortable, especially compared to the type I.

I expect the SEALs will now roll out a different uniform, just to be, different. :)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lots of foreign navies wear greens as a working uniforms on shore - it is nothing so crazy.

And a lot of those navies don't have go to sea much either. I just wish the Navy would swallow its pride and use the USCG blues they have, simple and nice looking and 'Navy' enough.

The best part about this, I never have to buy them now!

Last edited:

ChuckM

pilot
The type IIIs are pretty dang comfortable, especially compared to the type I.

I expect the SEALs will now roll out a different uniform, just to be, different. :)

One of my peers noted that SEALs are allowed brown/desert boots, whereas the rest of us are in black boots. So, there's that.

jtmedli

pilot
And a lot of those navies don't have go to sea much either. I just wish the Navy would swallow its pride and use the USCG blues they have, simple and nice looking and 'Navy' enough.

The best apart about this, I never have a buy them now!

I agree. This shit is nuts. Just go with what works. Let people wear it out in town. And stop being 'tards about this crap.

So what you're saying is that I was trend setter when I burned mine... Sweet.

So did they melt or what?

hscs

pilot
One of my peers noted that SEALs are allowed brown/desert boots, whereas the rest of us are in black boots. So, there's that.
From the uniform manual in the organizational clothing section...

g. Footwear. Authorized footwear worn with the NWU Type II/III is the Navy certified desert tan or brown brushless boots (including optional American National Standards Institute (ANSI) approved safety boots). Smooth black leather boots are also authorized and must be blackened and buffed when worn in garrison. Bootlaces will be tucked in a manner to present a well-kept appearance.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Also it says "expeditionary units," not SEALs or SPECWAR types only. Can't remember where it resides, but at least for when DCUs were still a thing there was a whole list of commands authorized for them as being "expeditionary." All VP commands were on it, for example, and those commands going to the desert now are wearing type 3s.