• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Burning questions about OCS, flight school and Navy life

magnetfreezer

Ps. I kinda like the new avatar, so thanks to whoever changed it (MB?) but I'll pass on E.T. as a callsign. I appreciate the thought and all...but I'd prefer something more fitting...something cool like "hotshot" or "awesome" or "beast slayer" if that can be arranged... :icon_tong

You might get "beast slayer" but that would be the result of excessive beer goggles. No fleet experience but I'm pretty sure that you can't really "pass" on a callsign since it's given to you.

You might get "beast slayer" but that would be the result of excessive beer goggles. No fleet experience but I'm pretty sure that you can't really "pass" on a callsign since it's given to you.

yeah I know I'm just being smart

ps. I'm not even in OCS yet, so I'm not gonna be cocky and assume I have a callsign FYI

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Nice! (the mod's have forgotten about me and moved on to a new unsuspecting prey...)

Ps. I kinda like the new avatar, so thanks to whoever changed it (MB?) but I'll pass on E.T. as a callsign. I appreciate the thought and all...but I'd prefer something more fitting...something cool like "hotshot" or "awesome" or "beast slayer" if that can be arranged... :icon_tong

How about ass jockey?

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Well I'm a candio now and it's a bit different. I could read AW before, just was afraid to post because EVERYONE knows about it up here.

OCS sucks just like everyone says, but they keep you so busy that it really does go fast. I'll share more later.

MasterBates

JT, how often can you communicate by either phone or email? 1x a week?
Do I really need to change your user name to ET?

When I was at OCS, MAYBE once a week from church for about 5 minutes if you were lucky, at least until your class secured.

Which could be anywhere from 1-3 months.

Oh for fucks sake it was a question. I'm not trying to communicate with my alien brethren. My family just wanted a rough idea. :icon_rage

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
So how many times will I get to call home from the squadron during an average work day? What about during a flight? Will I get cell coverage in the plane? Will the final controller get pissed if I call the wife during a PAR?

ET - you sound like a broken record. You and the family have got to accept there will be a lot of seperations where constant contact just isn't going to happen.

With all due respect, sir, I really don't deserve the smart remarks.

ET - you sound like a broken record.

I've asked two totally different questions - one regarding contact during deployment (a legitimate question considering I'm thinking about starting a family) and another for OCS (also legitimate considering my parents are curious).

You and the family have got to accept there will be a lot of seperations where constant contact just isn't going to happen.

My family and I have accepted this. I'm looking forward to nothing more than getting out of my parents' home, and my girlfriend is totally on board with the Navy career. I wouldn't have selected this as a career if I were not 150% gungho about this. I simply asked a question, so I'd appreciate it if responses were limited to answers only. Again, no disrespect intended. Just trying to express where I'm coming from.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
With all due respect, sir, I really don't deserve the smart remarks.

I've asked two totally different questions - one regarding contact during deployment (a legitimate question considering I'm thinking about starting a family) and another for OCS (also legitimate considering my parents are curious).

My family and I have accepted this. I'm looking forward to nothing more than getting out of my parents' home, and my girlfriend is totally on board with the Navy career. I wouldn't have selected this as a career if I were not 150% gungho about this. I simply asked a question, so I'd appreciate it if responses were limited to answers only. Again, no disrespect intended. Just trying to express where I'm coming from.

Use the search function. You're not the first person to go to OCS with a family and a girlfriend back home. They're only giving you shit because you're asking a question that could be solved in 30 seconds of searching as opposed to injecting it into a completely unrelated thread.

^^^Sonicboom CONGRATS man!!!! That's outstanding! We'll see you on the 31st then :)

Somebody should post an unofficial tally of those of us who are heading for 01 FEB

Of us Airwarriors, so far it's.....

Mark 23M SNA Non-prior
Chris (sonicboom) 22M SNA Non-prior
Sherv 26F supply Non-prior
Kevin (McBuff) 25M Non-prior SNA

Thanks a lot, Mark. Now everyone knows my name...I'll never escape E.T.