• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Burning questions about OCS, flight school and Navy life

Mark 23M SNA Non-prior
Chris (sonicboom) 22M SNA Non-prior
Sherv 26F supply Non-prior
Kevin (McBuff) 25M Non-prior SNA
Blake (bizlake). Male non prior SNFO

SWCS242

SWO in-training
Mark 23M SNA Non-prior
Chris (sonicboom) 22M SNA Non-prior
Sherv 26F supply Non-prior
Kevin (McBuff) 25M Non-prior SNA
Blake (bizlake). Male non prior SNFO

I will be in on the 25th class and ET is a sweet nickname so you can bet I will make sure everyone knows thats what you want to be called!!

ftn1313

Well buddy, I hope you make it out in the fleet. More than likely you will not be remembered from here unless you make it a point to tell everyone here who you are. But after you leave your FRS you will probably start out as FNG until you get your actual callsign. In my years I haven't seen a whole lot of really "cool" callsigns (assuming you think sonicboom is cool) I do remember a young JO in my first squadron that got the nickname scooter for being short and skinny (plus he shuffled quickly everywhere he went) He complained about it relentlessly and wanted something cool, one time he was asked what a cool callsign would be and he listed names like "Thrasher" "Killer" "Destroyer" and "Laser"...suddenly he was stuck with the name "Laser Scooter" like the little 2 wheel scooters kids ride around. Not to bad really but when ever he was introduced to other aviators it was "I'd like you to meet Scooter" and someone would chime in "No no, he's got to have his "cool" callsign", "Oh, yes...my appologies, this here is LASER Scooter, fastest midget in the fleet!" So my advice to you is to not try and do anything stupid and you might end up with an ok callsign...and whatever you do, don't complain about what you get...because it will only get worse. As for your original post...call your wife once a week at a set time, that is the rule of thumb...more than that and you are going to wear out phone calls real fast.

Clux4

Banned
"I'd like you to meet Scooter" and someone would chime in "No no, he's got to have his "cool" callsign", "Oh, yes...my appologies, this here is LASER Scooter, fastest midget in the fleet!" So my advice to you is to not try and do anything stupid and you might end up with an ok callsign...

It is really hard for the FNG not to do anything considered stupid. Knowledge is power and you have very little of it as an FNG. Granted there are levels to stupid actions. :icon_mi_1