• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Brokeback Fallon

Status
Not open for further replies.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
AllAmerican75 said:
But I'm dissapointed about that uniform bit.:(

Shoulda picked NROTC, we're the only game in town - at least in Central PA.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
pennst8 said:

same here, no unit near us either, closest are UF and USF, so orlando is our territory =) now the people there rarely see uniforms and know how to treat the military! haha

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HighDimension said:
same here, no unit near us either, closest are UF and USF, so orlando is our territory =) now the people there rarely see uniforms and know how to treat the military! haha
Yeah, but Orlando used to be crawling with squids and those people know how to hold a grudge. ;)

Brett

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
pennst8 said:

Because Winter Blues always worked so well at the HUB...:rolleyes:

sorry man, hadda do it

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Man I can't believe I missed this thread. The AFROTC is an embarassment here.

One morning I was walking to the weight room, and as I passed by the gym, I heard "Danger Zone" blaring. Wondering what the hell was going, I opened the door to the gym. To my astonishment, the ENTIRE Air Force flock, detachment, group, or whatever the hell they call themselves were doing jumping jacks for their morning PT, synchronized to the TOP GUN SOUNDTRACK!! WTF?!? It was the funniest damn thing I've ever seen at that hour.

The only thing that beats this is another morning, walking to the weightroom. I heard a woman yelling stretch commands in a weird therapist-like tone, again coming from the gym. Wondering what the hell they were doing this time, I opened the door again. To my astonishment, the entire AFROTC; doing YOGA for their PT. So much for running.

Anyhow, I wish the video would have at least been funny. Define irony: Air force making a movie about civillian aviation using a sound track of a movie about NAVAL aviation.

selmacf7

Oh yea, forgot about that. The had MANDATORY yoga PT last year. Apparently the stationary bikes aren't getting it done.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
zab1001 said:
sorry man, hadda do it
I knew someone was gonna call me out.

zab1001 said:
Because Winter Blues always worked so well at the HUB...
Shows how ancient you are. We wear khakis pretty much year round now.

Of course, they don't do much either.

Hell, they might be worse, but if I were four years younger, I'd still take my chances here than anywhere else on the planet. GO STATE!

compeng06

Apparently they broke into the atc lab, almost caused a mid-air with a riddle plane, and flew formation when they were not supposed to. Freaking chair force.

Nobody broke into the ATC lab. Bad information. Caused a mid-air? From 3000'? They shot the video of the Riddle plane from the ground! And since when is formation flight illegal? Have you ever read the FARs? It wasn't a flight for hire, all the pilots agreed to it on the ground beforehand, and planned the flight. More bad information.

Riddle has a way of making otherwise cool people into latent homosexuals.
this should be ERAU AFROTC's flag, I'm sure it's in the process of being adopted.
and that the AFROTC(which he wants to join) is queer

Wow, three UCMJ violations. Such a credit to the USN. Good job, people. Good job.

haha nice, something of interest: This same AF Det. was out in formation this morning in their PT gear and I was watching a couple of their cadet officers out there with golf clubs practicing their swings. To top it all off, at the end of their meeting they did this chant about how they were " warfighters" ... I'm impressed.

We were forced to do that. Do you think we wanted to be out there? It's not our fault that the people in charge have to fill blocks and fill our time with such things as golf lessons.

Man I can't believe I missed this thread. The AFROTC is an embarassment here.

One morning I was walking to the weight room, and as I passed by the gym, I heard "Danger Zone" blaring. Wondering what the hell was going, I opened the door to the gym. To my astonishment, the ENTIRE Air Force flock, detachment, group, or whatever the hell they call themselves were doing jumping jacks for their morning PT, synchronized to the TOP GUN SOUNDTRACK!! WTF?!? It was the funniest damn thing I've ever seen at that hour.

The only thing that beats this is another morning, walking to the weightroom. I heard a woman yelling stretch commands in a weird therapist-like tone, again coming from the gym. Wondering what the hell they were doing this time, I opened the door again. To my astonishment, the entire AFROTC; doing YOGA for their PT. So much for running.

Anyhow, I wish the video would have at least been funny. Define irony: Air force making a movie about civillian aviation using a sound track of a movie about NAVAL aviation.

Your professionalism and potential officership are the real embarrasments here. The fact that there are midshipmen here on campus with a chip as large as yours is disturbing. In the Air Force, we are taught to respect the other branches. I would have hoped that the Navy instilled similiar values, since the DoD seems to think that joint relations is a priority. Your post reads more like a note passed to a friend in 3rd grade than a coherent thought created by an Ensign in the Navy with an aerospace engineering degree.

Concerning the yoga session... yes, that was one godawful "PT" session in three years that (yet again) we were forced to attend by the higher-ups. It was a joke, and people should have had their head examined for mandating.

Apparently the stationary bikes aren't getting it done.

Stationary bikes have never been used in ROTC fitness regimes or tests. And the Air Force discontinued their use for everyone in late 2003, when the new PT standards were adopted.

Why hasn't anybody commented on how we took the Army PFT last week? Oh, that's right--it wouldn't jive with your biased slams of the Air Force. I suspect I will be banned within minutes, since this is my first post, and its entire purpose is to respond to petty comments made by others, but that is okay. I am proud of the unit I am currently in, and proud of the branch I will be commissioned into in 9 short months. Also, I have been taught that every military member, unit, branch, job, etc should be respected. It is frustrating to see the folks here that care more about slaming their brothers and sisters in arms than doing things to build up relations so the job gets done more effectively.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Easy folks, easy.

aa_easy_does_it.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
compeng06 said:
In the Air Force, we are taught to respect the other branches.
That's precisely why everyone thinks the USAF is gay. :D A little friendly inter-service rivalry is a healthy thing.

Brett

KBayDog

A4sForever said:

HUH ??? What's AFRO-TC ??? I haven't worn one of those for 40 years ... :icon_rast

AFRO-TC? As in Theodore "TC" Calvin? Nah, he never had much of an Afro. (He was always wearing his "Da Nang" hat, which wouldn't have fit over an Afro, anyway.)

terry.jpg

tc.jpg

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Compeng06, relax buddy. We're only poking a little fun. They're jokes, you know, the things people say to make others laugh. Relax, and welcome aboard.:)

Like a great rock band once said, "Take it eeeeaaaasy, take it eaaa-eassy, don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy." Rep point to whoever figures out who the band is first. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.