• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimphil

Prada Combat.
propeller_125.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What would Jesus drive?"

Duh. A truck -- Jesus was a carpenter.

farkle84

usually you get a pair of jungles and i got leather's but others got some other kind. when you are there, you have the option on libo to purchase other kinds of brands that they have at Q-town. for instance, you can purchase a pair of boots for the soul purpose of inspection gear or you can purchase PT boots for humps and the endurance course.

hobbs77

How does boot size relate to regular shoes?

I am bidding on a pair on ebay. Will this pair do for OCS?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=588&item=3204415262&rd=1

Semper Fi, Do or Die, Gun-ho Gung-ho Gung-ho

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Those look like the standard issue All-leathers. I think they are close to becoming unauthorized due to the new suede boots (and the not quite as new Matterhorns/Bellevilles (sp?)). Those are my favorite boots though. I've had the same pair for 5 years and have had them resoled 3 times. They look great, hold a really nice shine, and fit great once broken in. If anything, you can use them to get your feet used to wearing boots while walking on uneven terrain and PTing. I wouldn't bid more than $25 dollars or so though. Most military surplus stores will carry these (and the jungle boots) for about that price.

hobbs77

How about the size, is your boot size the same as running shoe size?

farkle84

if i were you i would go to a boot shop and try some on, because you dont want a boot too small or too big or too wide or too narrow. this will cause you much discomfort at OCS. and trust me, blisters happen even when your boots fit well, you dont want blisters when you boots dont fit well. so make sure they are a decent fit. but those are some good boots on ebay, those are standard leather's that i was issued.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Boomer, I know that there is a different boot worn with the flight suit. Can the suede be worn with flight suit? I've also heard that there is a digital flight suit, is this true?

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I don't know if you can wear the suede with the flight suit or not. Haven't seen anyone try it and haven't seen an ALMAR, I'm guessing it probably isn't authorized (don't have a good reason for feeling that way though). I haven't heard anything about a digital flight suit either. The "different" boot worn with the flight suit is just a pair of all-leathers (similar anyway) with a flat sole. It's to prevent picking up rocks in the tread and leaving them strewn about on the flight deck (FOD). Pretty comfortable too!

hobbs77

Thanks a lot to all of you who have contributed to my questions. I really appreciate the responses.

icon_smile_wink.gif

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Hobbs77. I see you bought that pair off ebay, or you were atleast the highest bidder. How did they turn out for you? Did you get the right size? Thanks.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
-Col.3:23-

hobbs77

I just got them today and found them to be the right length but a little snug around the toe area.

Semper Fi, Do or Die, Gung-ho Gung-ho Gung-ho

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Let me know how they are when you run and hike. How did you decide what size to get?

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.

hobbs77

I based the size for my boots on my running shoes(New Balance size 8 2EE). I also ordered a new pair of running shoes because my current pair are worn out. I got them today also, New Balance 715 8D. I tried them on and they seem to be half a size to short. So I am exchanging them for same style 8.5D.

I laced up my boots and walked around for a while and they seem to be to tight width wise. I think I am going to try to find a pair of 8W to give my toes some extra room. The boots that I got are 8NR(narrow regular).

The sizing that is used for combat boots:XN, N, NR, R, RW, W, XW
The sizing that is used for regular shoes: 2A, B, D, 2E, 4E, 6E

Based on my experience so far, I would say that the type of boots a person would select could be about 1/2 a size smaller than there running shoe. It also depends on brand of running shoe because not all brands size their shoes the same. A little wider to accommodate wool socks instead of cotton.

Please don't take this as if the "word of God", but rather something to base your decision on.

Semper Fi, Do or Die, Gung-ho Gung-ho Gung-ho

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Thanks. I just bought the New Balance 991 for my training. WOW! What a comfortable shoe. I ran 4 miles in them on sat, and I could definetly tell the difference. Semper Fi!

Status
Not open for further replies.