• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Angels @ Pensacola 6/12/08

efini_kid

i havent been in a storm like that in a long time. im stayin with a friend in Mobile and we were doing 30 mph on I10 coming back the rain was so bad. i hope they are able to fly tomorrow.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, the only thing we saw flying today were all of the beach umbrellas, tents, and untethered children. I heard from a local journalist there that at least 6 people were struck by lightning.

I was really worried for you guys out in the boats, as we kept seeing them take lightning strikes. Pretty intense storm.

Tomorrow's not looking much better weatherwise. That's a lot of bullsh*t traffic/baking in the sun to sit through another possible repeat of today. (Even getting there @ 0730) I think I'll try them another time.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
a lot of bullsh*t traffic/baking in the sun to sit through another possible repeat of today. (Even getting there @ 0730) I think I'll try them another time.

Hurry up & wait, unbridled expectations not being matched and realizing the journey IS the adventure + a bowl of suck on the side... Welcome to the business

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Here are a few pics from the show today. I ended up sticking it out for day 2. Today's squall atleast waited for the show to end.

That last pic was about an hour after the show...

Attachments

• 100_4972.JPG
    100_4972.JPG
    526.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 100_4982.JPG
    100_4982.JPG
    344 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_4981.JPG
    100_4981.JPG
    377.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_4944.JPG
    100_4944.JPG
    484.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_4973.JPG
    100_4973.JPG
    415 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_4948.JPG
    100_4948.JPG
    477.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_4934.JPG
    100_4934.JPG
    737.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 100_4994.JPG
    100_4994.JPG
    571.7 KB · Views: 89

bb1125

None
Yeah, it was pretty nasty on Saturday. Right when the show was starting, the bottom fell out. Everybody was trying to wait it out, then after about a half hour, the lightning started hitting all over the beach and they told everyone to clear out. My wife and seven year old son both got bit my static electricity from the lightning. Of course they were holding on to the umbrella. So, we hauled ass, but majority of the crowd stuck it out a while longer. We decided not to try it again on Sunday.

MSkinsATC

pilot
Saturday was crazy!! We stuck it out for about an hour (we arent the smartest...but you know Florida T-storms normally hit and go)....then the lightning got alot closer to the pier and we were the hell outta there. We actually hung out in one of the hotel lobbys for a bit then decided to head down to Peg Leg Pete's for some food while the other crazies sat in traffic for what must have been a few hours to get off the island. Went back Sunday...no traffic, great parking, and good show. Anyone else think it was hot as f**k Sunday, we were dying...but the beer was flowing so no real complaints. Great to get back over and see that show...plus McGuires Friday night was awesome as always!!

Ryan-90

God I wanted to go so bad. I was coming home from vacation in Florida and saw the jets in the air in Pensacola. I knew that they had an air show going on but I was the only one in the damn car that liked that stuff.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
God I wanted to go so bad. I was coming home from vacation in Florida and saw the jets in the air in Pensacola. I knew that they had an air show going on but I was the only one in the damn car that liked that stuff.
Were you driving? :D

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
... We actually hung out in one of the hotel lobbys for a bit ...

Wasn't the Holiday Inn Express on Ft. Pickens, was it? We must've played chess in there for 3 hours waiting for the rain to stop. All while being entertained by the terrified shelter seekers.

Lobster

At least after the umbrella hit that person and wrapped them up they didn't have to worry about getting rained on anymore :D

efini_kid

that video is hilarious. it just wraps that lady up. that was a crazy storm though. i heard 3 or 4 people were struck bby lightning that day. so lets hope they are alright.