• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Angels @ Pensacola 6/12/08

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Just now saw this thread and read through it. A friend on leave from the academy, my roommate and I drove from TN for the show sat. We were right by the PA with the ever so cleaver annoucers. When the storm started I said, "I give it 2o mins" and an hour and a half later we were still standing there. It was a bit of a predicament because we parked at gulf breeze about a mile and a half or so away, so we stood strong until they said the show was cancled.

holding

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Continued...
Holding onto the wooden umbrella, which we barrowed from near by, we all felt the static shocks(wasn't all wood, obviously). once canceled we decided to leave, caught a ride in the back of a truck across the bridge. Pretty lame we couldn't stay for sunday but oh well, had some seafood, beer and a "remember Kojak sticker" I am going to proudly rep.

Oh yeah, funnest part was having to pee. Lifeguards closed off the water for obvious reason and didn't want to leave our stuff. So, it was a nice walk to some open beach area and a simulated achillies streach and then let it run. I can't remember if he learned that one at the academy or not, either way most definitely an interesting trip.