• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Angels - is there a physical fitness program and dietary guidelines ... guide?

danpass

A PDF link perhaps?

My goal is to pursue aerobatics and I figure the BAs is a good group to emulate in this regard.

Thanks.

OscarMyers

None
If I'm not mistaken they visit the centrifuge quite a few times and fly a alot. And something about getting a cow heart installed too?? I cant personally verify that one though.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Marlon-Brando-Apoc_l.jpg

apologies to A4's...

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Long ago when I chased the Blues, I considered using shoe lifts to make me taller and thus appear less fat.
But then I decided my superlative aviation skill was all that was needed.

Screen-shot-2011-07-22-at-5.46.12-PM.png

Renegade One

None
I could be wrong, but I'm persuaded that the intelligent short guy is better suited, physiologically, to high-G and aerobatic flight. Not saying that's what the NFDS is looking for, of course...

Don't think intelligence (either way) is a cutting score for either...;)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I have managed to be both short and stupid.

It's ok, I've already accomplished everything I set out to do. The key to success is not to raise your goals, but to lower your expectations.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
To actually answer the OP's question, there is a workout that the Blues put out, or did a few years ago. I don't have it anymore though. It is basically a good core and leg workout. Or you could just build up a good G tolerance and the workout won't matter anyways. :)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
i always thought the key to pulling g's was to be short with high blood pressure...so don't drink water, eat a lot of red meat and drink beer.

Reactions: Fog