• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best places to wear a uniform...

GMan1976

Banned
Thanksgiving 2005: I was at OCS and a group of us went to the Fish House for supper. We had appetizers, drinks, supper, dessert, and some more drinks. When we were done we asked for the bill and the waiter said that it had been taken care of and he told us to have a good night. Never did find out who picked up the tab that night.

Yeah, that was me. You're welcome. ;)

Jen

Wife of a Growler stud
It sounds like Jen may be a little insecure about what her husband does while out in uniform.

I am not at all scared about what my husband does. I trust him. He's a great husband and wonderful person.
I have already said once that I am sorry and that I misinterpreted the thread. I will say it again. I am sorry. I am new to this.. maybe my misunderstanding is do that fact. I didn't realize that certain places could be good or bad as to where to be wearing a uniform. I was misinformed.. and I am sorry. I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes here. Truly I wasn't. I think it's wonderful the things that can come out of a uniform. Kathy's story was absolutely wonderful. I didn't realize that things like this happened just because of a uniform though. Again, I am new to this.. and I misunderstood. I am sorry.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Fair enough, Jen. That's why the site is here.

Soooooo, for everyone else, now that it's all been sorted out, can we move on and just discuss the topic at hand? Umkay, thanks.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Vegas.

Some fellow JOs and I were in Vegas after CAX at the Mandalay Bay (where we valet parked the air force u-drive) waiting for our rooms to become available. We were still in bags, having just come in from Nellis. We wound up with a positive bar tab after several hours. This was right after Afganistan started, so a wave of unbridled patriotism led to every patron/pit boss/bartender slapping money on the bar and saying "This is for those guys". It was a struggle to keep up (though we did).

GMan1976

Banned
Vegas.

Some fellow JOs and I were in Vegas after CAX at the Mandalay Bay (where we valet parked the air force u-drive) waiting for our rooms to become available. We were still in bags, having just come in from Nellis. We wound up with a positive bar tab after several hours. This was right after Afganistan started, so a wave of unbridled patriotism led to every patron/pit boss/bartender slapping money on the bar and saying "This is for those guys". It was a struggle to keep up (though we did).

Gasp! :eek: A marine in his bag off base!!?!?!? For shame! ;) :) haha

I still think it should be on the books as being OK! I think you're almost guaranteed to turn more heads in a bag than in any other uniform!

Harrier Dude

Living the dream

I still think it should be on the books as being OK! I think you're almost guaranteed to turn more heads in a bag than in any other uniform!

It's only a problem if you get caught. If you do, take it like a man. That's part of the game.

*hint: get nametags that identify you all as "1stLts Craven Morehead, Dick Hurtzer, Heywood Jablowme", and your CO. It's all about plausible deniability.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Hey, when you're on an XC, all bets are off and covers are optional. We had roadtrip nametags with our Skipper's name on them (with his knowledge) in case someone decided to cause trouble and name names. :D

Brett

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I don't know about you guys, but I wear mine to taco bell as much as possible.
All the free GI pain you can experience, hehe.

MasterBates

Other XC-O&I nametags I keep in my helmet bag for the unwise JGs to use.

Dan Twopee, LTJG USNR(Sounds like "Damn 2p" the way I say it)
FNG

We had a retired CAPT SWO (he introduced himself as such) come over and have a "word" with me about takign my crew to the Applebees in West Palm Beach on Military Trail, and said we should not do it again.

He called our SDO (recent retiree from MYPT, so he knew the number or who to get it from) and XO. Reported that a "LT MASTER and LTJG Twopee" were at Applebees in an inappropriate uniform.

SDO said he could hear the CO and XO laughing at him from down the hall....

Coppertop222

After a day of hitting the P-cola Beach me and 2 other buddies went to surf burger and our haircuts must have given us away as some random guy at the bar bought us our lunch... No uniforms but it certainly wasn't bad to get some free food and beer!

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Damn thats a good one Master. Fvcking SWOs.

I actually had a lady pay for my order at McDonalds on Mayport the other day. The lady in front of me in the drive thru paid, the woman in the drive thru window said she'd paid because she wanted to support the troops. I was surprised, but grateful, to have someone pay while on a military base.

GMan1976

Banned
After a day of hitting the P-cola Beach me and 2 other buddies went to surf burger and our haircuts must have given us away as some random guy at the bar bought us our lunch... No uniforms but it certainly wasn't bad to get some free food and beer! ...then he asked us back to his hotel room. Which struck me as a bit odd... come to think of it, he didn't even realize we were in the military, just liked guys with short hair and torn denim-shorts.

had to mess with this one! :icon_tong haha

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cross country = bag strike. Covers? No way. The flight suit is high visibility and garners great support from the locals, the Navy needs to authorize it for general wear.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Cross country = bag strike. Covers? No way. The flight suit is high visibility and garners great support from the locals, the Navy needs to authorize it for general wear.

Far more people approach you and ask questions when you're in a bag as opposed to any other uniform. Very high vis, and a great recruiting tool.