• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best Naval Aviation movies

exhelodrvr

pilot
But what about The Final Countdown? Several SARs, and in a way, they even make history right!

Not as much total time, though. Interestingly (for me, at least, I know no one else cares and my kids are certainly tired of hearing about it!) I was in both of those squadrons. Final Countdown was about two years before I got there, and Apollo 13 was filmed while I was in the squadron. (Which was a giant pain-in-the-ass for the maintenance department, by the way!)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Final Countdown was about two years before I got there, and Apollo 13 was filmed while I was in the squadron. (Which was a giant pain-in-the-ass for the maintenance department, by the way!)

It's been forever since I've seen Apollo 13, so don't remember how much Sikorsky love is in that. We also can't forget the H-3 in Hunt for Red October and it's 15 minutes of extra "wartime" fuel.

As for maintenance and movies... I hear you. Tears of the Sun had quite a bit of -60 love from my first squadron while I was there. Unfortunately, they didn't seem able to fly a part out to us on the boat during a workup. But at least it was a good movie. Oh wait...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
[/B]
1944wingprayecy3.jpg

I just noticed the fine print about:

Extra Added Attraction
Quonset Officers' Glee Club

Wonder if that was on the sign outside the club

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I just noticed the fine print about:

Extra Added Attraction
Quonset Officers' Glee Club

Wonder if that was on the sign outside the club

Guess those old-school guys weren't as tough as they make themselves out to be!:icon_tong

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
A ship with a mission
men in the mood-
to kill Japs!

That tagline alone makes me want to see this movie. No delusions about their purpose in the grand scheme there.

Could you imagine a modern movie trying to get away with "A ship with a mission, men in the mood-to kill Hajis!"? Just thinking about the backlash from the ACLU, NOW, and AMC makes me shudder. . .