• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best Naval Aviation movies

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Speed and Angels for a Naval Aviation documentary. Obviously, I’m biased but Top Gun has been a favorite of mine since I was five. Looking forward to the release of Top Gun 2.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Speed and Angels for a Naval Aviation documentary. Obviously, I’m biased but Top Gun has been a favorite of mine since I was five. Looking forward to the release of Top Gun 2.

Those RAG studs are getting pretty close to retirement by now.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Probable future post-Navy location for yours truly. Fair warning. Highly recommended, even if you're just passing through.
Passed through in my fleet tour Jeeping it to Air Wing Fallon, and found out the place certainly didn't suck. A few years ago, I did an initial interview with Facebook about working in their datacenter nearby. But it was more "keeping the lights on" networking work than the "building software" work I'm doing now, and that wasn't where I wanted to go with my career. FB is (or at least was until recently) more glamorous than my current employer, but it was probably the right choice to pass. I'd love to pick the brains of their developers and PM types, but chasing Cat 5 cable and provisioning servers really isn't my thing. Important, but not my thing.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I can’t for the life of me figure out what plane this is supposed to be. My first thought was a gray-painted SNJ, but the cowling looks wrong. And I don’t know of any US carrier aircraft where the RO/Gunner faced forward like that. 22228

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I can’t for the life of me figure out what plane this is supposed to be. My first thought was a gray-painted SNJ, but the cowling looks wrong. And I don’t know of any US carrier aircraft where the RO/Gunner faced forward like that.

It might just be a set piece. For Tears of the Sun, they had a xHawk fuselage that seemed to mostly work for multiple series of aircraft, but wasn't really correct for any of them. It had previously been used for Blackhawk Down (I think it was used for the Gordon/Shugart scenes).