• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best Naval Aviation movies

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
So, if we are looking for something genuine to complain about I’ll add my material culture observations.

1. The rank on ADM “Woody” Nimitz’s bridge coat is wrong. He should have shoulder boards, not (what looks like) soft, epaulet cover rank.

2. Something about the size for the shield on the naval officer’s insignia on his hat is just off.

3. I think the jeep in the background is an M-38 (Korean War era) not an MB/GPW model.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's a movie, not a historical document. 99.9% of the people who see this film don't know or care about this kind of minutiae. The other .1% should STFU about it. (smiles and stuff)

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
It's a movie, not a historical document. 99.9% of the people who see this film don't know or care about this kind of minutiae. The other .1% should STFU about it. (smiles and stuff)
Yeah, I agree but I get paid for this kind of minutiae. And, as you well know, I have an issue with my ability to STFU.
It’s a problem.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Only survivor of the squadron members who launched in TBDs from the Hornet; a VT-8 pilot and aircrewman who were flying TBFs from Midway survived as well. George Gay’s autobiography is titled Sole Survivor; I was lucky enough to get a signed copy from Amazon a few years back.

I was lucky enough to attend a presentation he did about his book at the Pax River theater back in (I think) '91.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Cut! I have a great idea. Since the idea of bringing the zombie S-3 back from the past gets guys like @Brett327 too freaked out maybe we can use the Way Back Machine to send an S-3 further back into time as a replacement for the PBY! Ladies and Gentleman, I give you the “new” Strawberry 5.”

1B8802B5-0A6D-41CE-A8C0-88A8FE0C463F.jpeg

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
With reference CGI, it might be a bit necessary...TBD Devastator’s are hard to come by - as are IJN carriers.

As for Woody, why not? It’s up to the director to get him to “act” like Nimitz but I can’t think of another actor who looks the role.

View attachment 20773View attachment 20774

Just his mannerisms, I don't know. That being said, I hope this movie will be a success