• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Being married at TBS

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
riley mcconnell said:
Plus it always puts a smile on my face, knowing my roomates were stuck in a condemned room while I was having crazy sex and then coming in the next day to brag about it. TBS was the first time people envied the married dudes.

well yeah, but it was always with the same chick. single guys got ya there.:D

snort

Banned
Just from my experience, I'd say leave the lady at home. Especially if you aren't married. Been there and done that.

snort

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
snort said:
Just from my experience, I'd say leave the lady at home. Especially if you aren't married. Been there and done that.

snort

What from your experience makes you say that?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
bon_jovi said:
If you are married and the wife stays home while you are at TBS do you still get BAH?
Thanks

In that case you will stay in the barracks and you will get BAH for the nearest rated city to where she is living.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Another thing to keep in mind is what you are both trying to accomplish (in life). I recently got married but when I was at TBS my wife (then my girl friend) came down with me. There wasn't much for her career down there (fashion / Interior design) so she kinda had to put everything on hold including school. Also, I didn't have too much time which made it suck for her even worse.

When I went to primary she went down to Ft. Lauderdale and used that time to finish up school and work twords her career. Since I was gonna be really busy and not have too much time for her it was a good choice on our part.

Now we're back together in Meridian, she has a job in her field and the decisions we made helped to make that possible.

Keep those things in mind. Yeah it's nice to have all the things everyone mentioned (hot meal, place off base, etc.) but don't deny your spouse opportunities (if they exist). Just my 2 cents

One,

-Spin

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
bon_jovi said:
That is what we are thinking about right now. She wants to be an RN and would start nursing school in January, I will be in Alpha Company in November.
Where can I find what BAH would be in Phoenix?
Do spouses still pay out of state tuition or is there a way around that?
Thanks,

If she is going to school in Phoenix and she is not from Arizona then why would she not pay out of state tuition? Sorry just trying to understand what you are talking about.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
bon_jovi said:
I was curious if there was any way to get around paying out of state tuition for military dependents if she did decided to move with me.

You mean if she was going to go to nursing school in VA? Not 100% sure so I will let someone else answer that. I was just trying to clarify what you were talking about.

Carno

Insane
I am not sure, but I think it is highly doubtful that she will get in state tuition just because you're in the military.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
At TBS, do you have to be married to do the brown-bag thing and take BAH, or do you also have that option if haven't married your significant other just yet?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
At TBS, do you have to be married to do the brown-bag thing and take BAH, or do you also have that option if haven't married your significant other just yet?

you have to be married...otherwise you will stay in the barracks with no BOQ

alwysfaith

AV-8B Harrier Pilot's Wife
Awaiting my Marine Officer out here. I live in Woodbridge and commute to Falls Church for work. The traffic is unlike anything I have ever experienced (bad) but there are ways around it and its definately doable! You can carpool, take the trains, vanpool, do the SLUG thing, plus traffic changes depending on the day. Sometimes I don't leave work until close to 7:30 and going south at that time of day is much more manageable. If you 9-5 it, traffic will be horrible, but like I said, there are lots of ways around it. Most DC companies even have ride share progams in place already. Lots of people make the commute.'

PS- RN's rock, coming from one herself- good for her!

greysword

Boldly lick where no one has licked before
On the idea of getting in-state tuition in Phoenix, you could probably make that happen by changing your official home of record to Arizona. You could then claim to be a resident automatically and get the benefits of being a citizen (register to vote there, etc). Your PSD will be able to help you with that.