• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Questions

sbfighter

Are there any restrictions to what you do with your 1600/mo? (What I really want to know is: am I allowed to put any of it away into savings?)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Are there any restrictions to what you do with your 1600/mo? (What I really want to know is: am I allowed to put any of it away into savings?)

It's a regular paycheck. Spent it all on skittles, hookers and blow, or save it. I suggest the latter. And FTR, I got about 2300 bucks a month. Probably one of the FEW opportunities you'll have in life to pocket FREE money (that is, if you're parents still support you or if you have a job to support yourself while in BDCP).

BackOrdered

Contributor

You can be a proverbial monkey with a flamethrower as far as the Navy cares concerning the money, just make sure you are committed and meet the obligations.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Your obligation is to keep your grades up and graduate on time. If you can do that and spend all your money on booze, dames and ponies, fine. You can even have a job and make mo money. If your grades drop though, your recruiter will demand you ditch the job, spend that time on school work, and mange to live off what the Navy is paying you.

sbfighter

Yeah that's the plan.. haha I don't want to make it seem like money is my primary focus here. I'm here to succeed.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
I have a quick question about my pay for BDCP.

I swore in on 5 May, and I just checked my bank account and had a deposit from the Navy (DFAS) on 5/31 on $666.00. So with current pay for an E-3 as $1587/mo divided by 30 (days in a month) gives me $52.9/day. That times 25 (approx. 5 May to 30 May) is about $660. $660 * 2 is about $1320 which is about what I would expect base pay for an E-3 to be after tax (until I'm retarded or miscalculating something somewhere somehow).

HOWEVER, my real question is, when does my BAH/BAS kick in and why didn't it show up in my first paycheck? Also, I already have a civilian account on DFAS (I worked summer hire) how can I setup my account for checking my AD LES's?

Thanks much.

P.S. Obviously as it's Saturday I can't ask my recruiter any of this, and I just checked my bank account this morning, and I'm way too impatient to wait 'till Monday for an answer.

nugget81

pilot
You're lucky to have gotten paid so soon, but the first paycheck you get is never right. From what I've seen, this is usually the case when you get a bump in pay also. It will even itself out in a month or two...

flopper

I have a quick question about my pay for BDCP.

I swore in on 5 May, and I just checked my bank account and had a deposit from the Navy (DFAS) on 5/31 on $666.00. So with current pay for an E-3 as $1587/mo divided by 30 (days in a month) gives me $52.9/day. That times 25 (approx. 5 May to 30 May) is about $660. $660 * 2 is about $1320 which is about what I would expect base pay for an E-3 to be after tax (until I'm retarded or miscalculating something somewhere somehow).

HOWEVER, my real question is, when does my BAH/BAS kick in and why didn't it show up in my first paycheck? Also, I already have a civilian account on DFAS (I worked summer hire) how can I setup my account for checking my AD LES's?

The AD LES will set up itself, you do not need to do anything. You will be able to view everything in detail soon, so just be pateint. Remember that you get paid twice a month. My first pay check was all jacked up too, just let your recruiter know, and you will probably have to contact DFAS with a laundry list of mistakes once you see the errors on your LES. BAH/BAS start on the date of accession so you will get it all back pay.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
The AD LES will set up itself, you do not need to do anything. You will be able to view everything in detail soon, so just be pateint. Remember that you get paid twice a month. My first pay check was all jacked up too, just let your recruiter know, and you will probably have to contact DFAS with a laundry list of mistakes once you see the errors on your LES. BAH/BAS start on the date of accession so you will get it all back pay.

So basically it will all work itself out eventually - awesome. I was surprised to see my paycheck show up today on 5/31 as opposed to 6/1. That's pretty awesome, I'll just feel a bit better when the BAH/BAS shows up.

flopper

So basically it will all work itself out eventually - awesome. I was surprised to see my paycheck show up today on 5/31 as opposed to 6/1. That's pretty awesome, I'll just feel a bit better when the BAH/BAS shows up.

I'm assuming you meant being able to just view the Navy AD pay on mypay but let me remind you that your pay is your responsibility so tread lightly when you say it will all work itself out. Right now if I were you I would 1) Email your recruiter once you actually see a pay stub on mypay, check daily (since you said you already have access, I'm asuming you have some operator level knowledge of viewing and interpreting LES stubs) and 2) Contact DFAS and let them also know about your pay issues as your recruiter/CO is probably unable to help you here, but let them know regardless. On another note, when pay dates (1st/15th) fall on weekends, you usually get pay on the business day before or after the pay date. It sounds like you know what your pay should look like but here is a link to basically all pay that the DOD offers just in case you want to check what you are entitled to. http://www.military.com/benefits/military-pay

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Well the thing is that I already have a civilian pay stub under DFAS (I worked DoD summer hire last summer) but will my AD pay stuffs show up under the same account or would I get a separate one for AD/civilian work?

flopper

Well the thing is that I already have a civilian pay stub under DFAS (I worked DoD summer hire last summer) but will my AD pay stuffs show up under the same account or would I get a separate one for AD/civilian work?

There will be two seperate boxes

BackOrdered

Contributor
When can you reapply if you do not get selected?

When I went through, you begin the process of reconcideration ASAP provided your package has a significant change (ASTB, GPA, etc). You'll also write a reconcideration letter. I'd advise being as open in that letter (respectfully of course) as possible as it is your chance to communicate with the board as to why exactly you should be selected.