• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Battle of the Branches

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
A Marine walks into a bar and sits down. He looks to the guy sitting next to him and asks, "You wanna hear a joke about the Army?"

The guy replies, "Look, I'm in the Army, the guy sitting next to me is 6'2", 225, and in the Army, and the guy ordering drinks right now is a Green Beret. Now, do you really want to tell that joke?

"No," the Marine replies, "I don't want to have to explain it three times"

I wander what his joke was going to be...:p
Good one SFM :)

UMichfly

pilot
None
Question: How many Marines does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Answer: 100. One to screw in the lightbulb and 99 to stand around saying "Hoorah lightbulb".

Lawman

None
Question: How many Marines does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Answer: 100. One to screw in the lightbulb and 99 to stand around saying "Hoorah lightbulb".

You got that all wrong.

Its 1 to screw in the light bulb. 1 to yell, "Give him one." And 98 to simultaniously yell, "Kill."

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
You got that all wrong.

Its 1 to screw in the light bulb. 1 to yell, "Give him one." And 98 to simultaniously yell, "Kill."

Reminds me of this one..."How many CH-46E pilots does it take to change a lightbulb?"

"27. 1 to change the bulb, and 26 to talk about how great the old bulb was."

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
Same tree, different branch:

Let's explore acronyms!

e.g.
ARMY=Aren't Real Marines Yet
MARINE=My A$$ Rides In Navy Equipment

brownshoe

Contributor
A Marine, a little kid and A Sailor are all taking a piss in a public head. The little kid looks up at the Marine and says "Gee sir, are you really a Marine?"

"I sure am" says the Marine. "Want to wear my hat?" and he puts his cover on the little kids head.

Next the kid looks up at the Sailor..."Gee sir, are you really a Sailor?" asks the kid.

"I sure am" replies the Sailor. "You want to suck my dick?"

"No" the kid answers. "I'm not really a Marine, I'm just wearing ones hat."

I’m gonna tell this one to a close friend down the street who was a marine and served in Vietnam. If you don’t hear from me again… you’ll know what happened… We got married and are on our honeymoon.:) (Yeah right.)

Where did you find this joke? It's funny:)

Steve

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
That joke is universal; just substitute different hats. I first heard it with the parts reversed. Although really, both sides lose. I mean one service may suck dick, but the other one is soliciting a BJ from a small boy. Who's really coming out on top there?

ARMY actually stands for Ain't Ready for the Marines Yet.
USMC. The first four letters in "MUSCle"; none of the letters in "brain."
USMC also stands for U Signed the Motherfucking Contract.

Another joke, again on or about the Corps.

A hard-charging NCO dies in battle. He hasn't lived a virtuous life, so St. Peter sends him straight to hell. He's bummed out, so he's sent to one of hell's counselors.

The counselor tells him, "Hell's really not that bad. You like drinking?"

The NCO says,"I'm a Marine, of course I like drinking!"

"Well, on Mondays, after we get done in the lake of fire, it's all-you-can-drink night. Johnny Walker Blue Label, the best brews, the finest wines, whatever you want. ANd we can all drive back drunk...'cause we're already dead! Say...you like smoking?"

The Marine says,"I loved a good cigar."

"Well, Tuesday nights, the smoking lamp is lighted, and we break out the best Cubans. And who cares about cancer...we're dead! You like gambling?"

"Damn straight. I went to Vegas every time I went to CAX."

"Wednesdays we have gambling night. Texas hold-em, Blackjack, everything. And if you go broke, what'll they do to ya...send you to hell? How about fighting?"

The Marine says,"I loved a good brawl when I was in the Corps."

"Thursdays it's like UFC around here. Bare-knuckle boxing, wrestling, whatever. And if you get hurt--who cares? You're dead"

"Sounds great," said the Marine.

"Say...are you gay, by chance"

"Of course not," said the Marine,"I'm a US Marine, for crissakes."

"Well, you're not gonna like Fridays..."

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
It's not that simple and if it were, they'd trace their roots to the Civil War when balloons were first introduced to the Signal Corps bag of tricks thanks to Professor Lowe's pioneering work in that area that resulted in his being appointed as chief of the Army's aeronautical division, under the command of General McClellan. Some Air Force histories talk to the roots you describe, but they all agree the US Air Force was founded as a separate branch with its own service secretary independent of the Army in 1947 as part of Defense Reorganization Act.

Civil-War-Balloon.jpg

Professor Lowe's military balloon "fires up" near Gaines Mill, Virginia during the Civil War
HJ, an old boss of mine told me about a ship that had some of Prof. Lowe's balloons on board to do some recon work (in No. Carolina) during the War of Northern Aggression. I think his point was that it would be considered the first "aircraft carrier"...I may have to do some research to back up his claim.

Back to the jokes.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Reminds me of this one..."How many CH-46E pilots does it take to change a lightbulb?"

"27. 1 to change the bulb, and 26 to talk about how great the old bulb was."

that was a great joke to break out at a mess meeting where most of the DHs and above are old phrog guys. worth every penny.