• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Battle of the Branches

navybackseater

None
Nothing like a little sibling rivalry....

The Army calls them choppers
The Navy calls them Helos

The Marines just point the the sky and go "ugh ugh"

WHAT TIME IS IT?

One day the tower received a call from an aircraft asking, "What time is it?" The tower responded, "Who is calling?" The aircraft replied, "What difference does it make?" The tower replied "It makes a lot of difference:

1) If it is an American Airlines flight, it is 3 o'clock.

2) If it is an Air Force plane, it is 1500 hours (properly punctuated with the zeros crossed)

3) If it is an Army aircraft, the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 3.

4) If it is a Marine Corps aircraft it is your pointer finger, your middle finger, and your ring ginger

5) If it is a Navy aircraft, it's Friday afternoon and 120 minutes to "Happy Hour."

Ok, lets hear em ~ bash the branches!
:icon_smil

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I dont bash branches, I hug trees...
mt1160763927.jpg

JohnDenver72.jpg

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Don't you AF guys abbreviate it sts?

Just 'cause some of my best friends are Chair Forcers doesn't mean I'm one of "you AF guys." I do kinda like the "STS," though, so to speak.

At least "rum, sodomy, and the lash" aren't key elements of USMC or USAF tradition.

navybackseater

None
Bor-ing

You all are completely boring! They are called JOKES! As in ha ha - ring a bell? People with a SENSE OF HUMOR find these things funny! Dang. How depressing. I'm going to go find more jokes to cheer me up. :p

skidz

adrenaline junky
You all are completely boring! They are called JOKES! As in ha ha - ring a bell? People with a SENSE OF HUMOR find these things funny! Dang. How depressing. I'm going to go find more jokes to cheer me up. :p
Yes, they are called jokes. And you are considered an FNG for this forum. Spend a little bit more time reading what this site really does.

backseater, I'm not saying this personally against you, just pointing it out that we don't devote threads to this, even though some may be threadjacked to this, it isn't always intentional. You should know not to let what I say get to you, especially as I have not even contracted yet.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
And you are considered an FNG for this forum. Spend a little bit more time reading what this site really does.
Skidz - I don't know who you are or who died and made you in charge, but you are way out of line here.

#1 - Navybackseater is a Navy officer who earned his commission through the STA-21 program which means he had outstanding service as an enlisted Sailor. You are a wanna-be hoping to get accepted.

#2 - You don't know what this site really does or what it is about. It is not only here to provide information to those like you hoping to get accepted into Naval Aviation. It is also here to help those who have been accepted and are anywhere in the process between acceptance and wings. It is also hoped that this site is reflective of a Wardroom or Ready Room. And guess what? Humor is a large part of naval Aviation, a Wardroom and a Ready Room.

#3 - If you don't like his joke, feel free to skip reading the thread. If you do read it and don't like it, say you think it is a shitty joke. But DO NOT begin to tell others what they can or can not post. You are not the webmaster, an admin or a mod.

#4 - As far as I am concerned, navybackseater has more credibility than you because he is in the program. You're not. You have no place calling anyone a FNG.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Not much "battling of the branches" going on here. Let me try and get something started. I submit to you, that the Marine Corps, while most people aren't aware of its elite "air arm", puts its air assets to use in the most effective way. The Navy is close, but the Marine Corps leads the way as usual, not only on the ground first to fight, but also in the air. Marine aviators are in the fight, supporting the ground element closer than any other services air elements. It is no accident that Marine aviators are first trained in infantry skills and tactics. What other branch can boast that their aviators can quite easily assume the role of a ground commander? I can't fathom a Navy, Air Force, or Army pilot trying to relate to and lead a bunch of infantrymen hungry to get some in ground combat at close range with enemy forces. So in sum, Marine Corps aviation is leading from the front keeping with tradition since 1917; which by the way is a handful of decades before the Air Force was even a twinkle in anyone's eye. :icon_smil

I submit to you that it is because the other branches do their jobs in the air that allows the marines to do their air jobs.

russ651

None
I submit that the only reason the marines are a branch is that the army refused to be tricked into hanging out on ships for extended periods.