• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bah-ii

snizo

Supply Officer
I used to sympathize with the single guys. However, no more. All through flight training, the single guys would double/triple up on a 3-4 bedroom house on the lake and end up pocketing $300 each (after rent/utilities)--several used that money to buy boats/jet skis/motorcycles or pay a large percentage on a car payment. Hard to feel sorry for them. In the meantime, my BAH would JUST cover rent and I would end up paying out of pocket for utilities (and I lived in a double-wide in BFE). Fortunately, my pay was/is still good enough that I was/am able to provide for my family properly. Quit whining.

Personal finances are just that - personal. I'm glad that you can make ends meet, but that doesn't mean everyone else can. Missing family events, holidays, and working long hours are part of the sacrifice people make to be in the military. Pay and entitlements should never be a thorn in anyone's side. Who are you to say that the OP has no place in making something of his situation? I hope you take a more interested attitude with the people who work for you...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is that because of this or...?

I ask for two reasons...one...mine does, so I was surprised....

Two...I really wanted to post this...:D

EDIT: I have no idea why the link is showing up as opposed to the picture...Community service project anyone?

Dude!! Seriously, you might want to warn people it is NSFW..........:eek:

P.S. It showed up when I quoted your posting..........

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Dude!! Seriously, you might want to warn people it is NSFW..........:eek:

P.S. It showed up when I quoted your posting..........

Yeah...good call. My fault on that one...although in fairness there are no recognizable parts and that @#$% is damn funny...:D ;)

Edited...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah...good call. My fault on that one...although in fairness there are no recognizable parts and that @#$% is damn funny...:D ;)

Edited...

What's so NSFW about a ball of pizza dough with a poodle head sticking out of one end?

Brett

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What's so NSFW about a ball of pizza dough with a poodle head sticking out of one end?

Brett

Well, if you don't have a problem with your girlfriend showing up on the internets none of us should worry.........:D

Notso07

None
On another note, anyone in the DC- Baltimore area have any free/cheap furniture in usable condition? Found an apartment since I'll be here in nap-town for 8 mos after comissioning, looking for small sofa, barstools, dining table ect... Point about IKEA well taken.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
On another note, anyone in the DC- Baltimore area have any free furniture in usable condition?

IKEA is your friend when you are newly commisioned and have little money.........I have a small bar if you want it........:D

phrogpilot73

IKEA is your friend when you are newly commisioned and have little money.........I have a small bar if you want it........:D
I should correct my previous statement... I've got more than just the microwave... My wife has orders to HI, and we're combining two households... So, I might be able to help out. If you send me a PM, I'll be able to let you know what I have available by the 13th...