• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bah-ii

MasterBates

Make them SHOW you what instruction says you don't get BAH..

I'm ALMOST feeling sympathy for Academy Grads... I must be getting soft.

Ektar

Brewing Pilot
pilot
2. Be glad you arent ROTC they dont get paid till they report.

I was just commissioned out of ROTC last May and I received full pay and regular BAH for my area starting on the day of my commissioning. I have a lot of friends getting commissioned in another month and they haven't said anything about not getting paid until reporting to their first duty station. I know the Marines don't start paying the new 2 Lt's until they report to TBS, but the Navy guys get their normal pay starting the day they are commissioned.

Notso07

None
So I found the paragraph, looks like there is nothing to do about it. (Getting married would save me a lot of money):

D. New Accessions. The Transit rate applies to a member without dependents in the accession pipeline, to include a Reserve Component member undergoing initial training, when in a travel status, leave en route or proceed time while transferring from the initial entry training location, between training locations and to the first PDS. The Transit rate applies until the member reports to the new PDS. A member in the accession pipeline includes a:

1. Member who is undergoing initial entry training, to include a Reserve Components member;

2. Student (includes ROTC and OCS) without prior Military Service;

3. Upon graduation a Service Military Academy graduate, until arrival at the first PDS.

For the purpose of BAH, only the initial entry-training site is defined as a PDS. A member without dependents is not authorized BAH since Government quarters are assigned. The BAH rate for a new accession with dependents is based on the dependents location if they are located inside the U.S. If dependents are located outside the U.S., BAH is based on the location of the training site.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hopefully you are not stashed too long. At least you know there is a reason for the madness. Always go back to the pubs.

Notso07

None
Thanks for the help with this, only had found some of those pubs before. Yeah I'm stashed for 8 months, which complicates things even more, no roommates around as all the other mids will be heading down to flight school before November. Time to search the roommate wanted adds in the classifieds, and maybe write a letter to my congressman to, not that that would do anything for me, but maybe the guys graduating next year.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Rog. Use caution when writing the Hill. I would inform your bosses that you intend to do this. A response might not come back to you, but the big daddies in charge (Commandant).

There is a chain of command for a reason, so don't choose to die on this hill.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I used to sympathize with the single guys. However, no more. All through flight training, the single guys would double/triple up on a 3-4 bedroom house on the lake and end up pocketing $300 each (after rent/utilities)--several used that money to buy boats/jet skis/motorcycles or pay a large percentage on a car payment. Hard to feel sorry for them. In the meantime, my BAH would JUST cover rent and I would end up paying out of pocket for utilities (and I lived in a double-wide in BFE). Fortunately, my pay was/is still good enough that I was/am able to provide for my family properly. Quit whining.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I used to sympathize with the single guys. However, no more. All through flight training, the single guys would double/triple up on a 3-4 bedroom house on the lake and end up pocketing $300 each (after rent/utilities)--several used that money to buy boats/jet skis/motorcycles or pay a large percentage on a car payment. Hard to feel sorry for them. In the meantime, my BAH would JUST cover rent and I would end up paying out of pocket for utilities (and I lived in a double-wide in BFE). Fortunately, my pay was/is still good enough that I was/am able to provide for my family properly. Quit whining.

Well said, sir. Im with ya having my BAH just covering rent, and my wife is coming up on being 4 months pregnant ... that means just about 5 months till her new job of full time mom kicks in ... pay isnt nearly as good (try nothing), but at least I know who will be raising our kid! And thats exactly the way I want it! Our pay is still enough to provide. Quit whining indeed.

Notso07

None
Well I guess I will make the money I lose in the next couple months back when I am in flight school drawing full BAH. Thats certainly good to know. I will try to get OHARP back home to save more money once I start waiting around in A-pool, and my savings will be filled back up before I know it. I guess I need to put things in perspective, plenty of college graduates who won't even have a job and will have 10 times my debt.

MasterBates

You know, you can pay housing out of NORMAL pay and just rein in the Hookers & Blow for a little while...

BAH Does not come even CLOSE to covering my Rent/Mortgage...

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
BAH Does not come even CLOSE to covering my Rent/Mortgage...

Is that because of this or...? NSFW!!!!!!!
fat-woman.jpg

I ask for two reasons...one...mine does, so I was surprised....

Two...I really wanted to post this...:D

EDIT: I have no idea why the link is showing up as opposed to the picture...Community service project anyone?

MasterBates

Scoob, if you are going to be in the same room as my ex, just move to utah and add her as the second wife... My wallet needs a rest.

I checked your code, it looks fine, but I randomly get pics that show as links when coded correctly with the {img}blah{/IMG}