• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bad News for people applying for slots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Thisguy said:
So the best solution to make room is to push BDCP guys back because I don't think any of those guys are gonna make any noise about collecting pay for doing nothing.

I would rather go to OCS as soon as possible to get it over with so I can start flying, because that intitial commitment of 8 years doesn't start until I get my wings. I am impatient because I want that $20,000 extention bonus from year 5 and beyond, making emmmm around 100 G's. :tongue2_1

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Is that 20g/year bonus or 20g/5 years... big difference.... And I dont know about making 100g as a mid-level officer...

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Kycntryboy said:
intitial commitment of 8 years doesn't start until I get my wings. I am impatient because I want that $20,000 extention bonus from year 5 and beyond, making emmmm around 100 G's. :tongue2_1

You won't see that extention bonus until year 10 or so (when your commitment is up) the Navy isn't going to give you a bonus when you're already obligated. I think you were looking at the NUKE charts. Those guys get 20g/yr if they re-up after a 5 year commitment.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Thisguy said:
You won't see that extention bonus until year 10 or so (when your commitment is up) the Navy isn't going to give you a bonus when you're already obligated. I think you were looking at the NUKE charts. Those guys get 20g/yr if they re-up after a 5 year commitment.

I wan't looking at the NUKE chart, I am going to see if I can find it, if you sign I believe a 3 year extension, the Navy pays you $20,000 more a year starting with year 5 after you get you wings. Its an incentive to stay so pilots don't sell their expertise to the airline industry. Why would the Navy start paying you after you initial commitment, there is no incentive there, the Navy can't compete with the airline industry as far as pay goes, so if they offer a program to pay you more while your still in your initial commitment, gives you more of a reason to sign. Plus I am aware of what Nuke gets, pilots can't hold a candle to the flame in bonuses that they get.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Kycntryboy said:
Why would the Navy start paying you after you initial commitment, there is no incentive there, the Navy can't compete with the airline industry as far as pay goes, so if they offer a program to pay you more while your still in your initial commitment, gives you more of a reason to sign.

OK, I know for a fact that none of our LT pilots get that bonus after the 5 year mark. Also, the incentive to stay is that if they re-up, they will pay you the bonus AFTER your obligation is up. The Navy already has you by the nuts and they're not going to pay you more during your initial obligation, rather, they'll say "by staying, you'll get a career continuation bonus." That's the incentive.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Well, whoever told you needs to be punched in the mouth. Ok, that may be a little harsh, but there are few things I hate more than bad gouge.

http://www.staynavy.navy.mil/counselors_resources/files/Officer_Pilot.doc

Special pay/bonuses. Naval aviation officers receive aviation career incentive pay in addition to their regular salary. Student aviation officers receive $125 per month flight pay during flight training. The monthly amount of flight pay received depends on time in service and increases by hundreds of dollars within a few years to the current maximum of $840.00 per month. In addition, you may be eligible for a retention bonuses at the end of your initial commitment, currently worth up to $245,000 over a 25-year career.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
But again... who here is actually doing this for the money? I think as long as I can make ends meet.... throwing myself at the rear-end of a ship is worth more than money.

Jankie

Information needed on Pro Rec'd

I have been working with a recruiter on applying for the BDCP and need clarifying. I have sent in my LORs, my medical history docs, taken the ASTP (59), and have complete my physical. I have heard nothing about being pro rec'd, but my recruiter is saying we are just waiting for a final word about acceptance. Was I pro rec'd and not told? What order is followed? I applied in March so I was expecting to hear soon. Thanks!

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Looks like you are doing stuff in a different order than I. I filled out the entire packet & LORs, sent it in. Then I got my pro-rec, that is when I did my SF-86, Physical and PRT. You would know if you'd been pro-rec'd.

BTW, it is ASTB, not ASTP.....

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:
I think as long as I can make ends meet.... throwing myself at the rear-end of a _____ is worth more than money.

with that attitude, you'll go far in the Navy

:icon_lol:
It's just too easy

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kycntryboy said:
I wan't looking at the NUKE chart, I am going to see if I can find it, if you sign I believe a 3 year extension, the Navy pays you $20,000 more a year starting with year 5 after you get you wings. Its an incentive to stay so pilots don't sell their expertise to the airline industry. Why would the Navy start paying you after you initial commitment, there is no incentive there, the Navy can't compete with the airline industry as far as pay goes, so if they offer a program to pay you more while your still in your initial commitment, gives you more of a reason to sign. Plus I am aware of what Nuke gets, pilots can't hold a candle to the flame in bonuses that they get.

I know this post is old, but to clarify, there is NO 20K bonus (or any bonus, for that matter) at 5 yrs after winging. All that stuff starts once your initial commitment is up.

But man...20 grand....ah to dream...

Status
Not open for further replies.