• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AW Logo: Any photoshop guru's out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
sonshine said:
Also, I could possibly create an animated logo in Adobe ImageReady, if that would be of any interest to you...
I don't know if I like animated, over time I believe the novelty wears off and it becomes annoying.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was thinking something like this. It keeps the lines of the page outline and stays with the color scheme. Of course theres a second image of just the darker blue background with the other half of the wings. Just playing in PS, lemme know if you like it.

vbulletin3_logo_test.jpg

also, you could realistically continue the tiled pics to any width you choose and then fade them out or somesuch. I dunno.... just throwing out ideas

sonshine

PLC06 Applicant
webmaster said:
Ok, here are some of the files I am working with. The PSD file of the default forum header from vbulletin. The GIF file with the wings. I think the best option would be to go with a overlying transparency, and then I can take cut files and put them as background behind the wings and airwarriors logo. Thinking 90x250 pixels for the various aviation photos, and whatever framing and blending over to the title to the right or left of it.

Or, you can tell me I am smoking crack if you have a better idea! :D

Tired, need sleep...

John
Ok, I think I gotcha now. I'll come up with a few like you're thinking of and maybe a few others...

Smoking crack? ummm...possibly... ;)

Do you want me to post all the logos on here when I get them done or send them to you?

sonshine

PLC06 Applicant
webmaster said:
I don't know if I like animated, over time I believe the novelty wears off and it becomes annoying.

that's cool... I'll scrap that idea then. It would have taken awhile to create anyways...

I kinda like Squeezes logo, but I think the "Airwarriors" part needs a little tweaking. All caps is a little hard on the eyes...sorry I'm critiquing you're work Squeeze. Much love to ya :D I like the design

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Came up with this tonight ... I'm no graphic design guy but I liked it ok.

Bigger? Different? Any suggestions?

Attachments

• AW Logo 1.jpg
    AW Logo 1.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 70

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VarmintShooter said:
Bigger? Different? Any suggestions?

tsr_nuprin.gif

Nuprin. Little. Yellow. Different.

Sorry, you made me think of Wayne's World for some reason.

pyrator

i did this but i can really do anything you need, i have close to two years in professonal graphic desgin for a trade show display company. either way its up to you. I can do more but its time for sleep. ( notice alot more can be done this was a real quick thing )

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 60

pyrator

BTW if you ever need help with the site let me know i have quite a extensive background in webdesign and graphic design. I uploaded my resume b/c its easier then telling you my background in webdesign.

Attachments

• Resume no adress.doc
    47 KB · Views: 34

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You sure you want your adress and phone number out here for everyone?
Maybe PM it to him

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Patmack18 said:
how do you guys save those screenshots?

PS.. get rid of internet explorer and get firefox!

CTRL + Print Screen

Saves a screenshot to the clipboard which you can then paste into photoshop (or paint, or wherever). At least that's how it has worked on my last two computers, not sure if they are all that way.

Don't know anything about fancy browsers ... just wish I knew enough to clean out my systray and make this thing run faster. As it is I have so much crap running the computer runs slow as molasses.

T-man

VarmintShooter said:
... just wish I knew enough to clean out my systray and make this thing run faster. As it is I have so much crap running the computer runs slow as molasses.

Start->Run->msconfig

That opens up the System Configuration Utility where you can manipulate what gets loaded into your system tray on startup (last tab in the window labeled "startup"). Also, look at what's running int he sys tray, there may be a few programs you can uninstall.

msconfig is also a good way of identifying some common adware/spyware/virus type stuff. If you see a suspicious looking executable in your startup, might be a good time to buy/update your virus protection, and maybe look at a spyware/adware cleaning utility. The nasty ones are the ones that replicate themselves 100s of times imediately, so when you remove one, it shows back up instantly. They are a pain in the a$$ to clean, I've had to do it a few times.

CAUTION: the msconfig utility gives you access to system resources/startup proceedures, that, if not handled correctly, could render your system inopperable and would require a complete system restore/reinstall. However, none of these are contained in the "startup" tab. the "startup" tab is strictly third party non-essential programs that are not vital to Windows operation, so if you stick within this tab you should be fine.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
T-man said:
CAUTION: the msconfig utility gives you access to system resources/startup proceedures, that, if not handled correctly, could render your system inopperable and would require a complete system restore/reinstall. However, none of these are contained in the "startup" tab. the "startup" tab is strictly third party non-essential programs that are not vital to Windows operation, so if you stick within this tab you should be fine.

I know only enough to really be dangerous ... I knew about the msconfig, but not how to manage it so that I didn't screw something up.

So you're saying that if I stick with the startup tab I should be fine?

Cool, thanks!

T-man

VarmintShooter said:
I know only enough to really be dangerous ... I knew about the msconfig, but not how to manage it so that I didn't screw something up.

So you're saying that if I stick with the startup tab I should be fine?

Cool, thanks!

correct, just stick with the startup tab and the worst that will happen is if something gets shut off that you wanted left on, just go back into msconfig and turn it back on.

Only drawback to this is you have to reboot your machine every time you change something in order for the changes to take effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.