• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AW Logo: Any photoshop guru's out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ok, before I spend too much time making a new logo, I know there are a number of ppl on the forum with some photoshop skilz. I am looking to get a logo to tie into the top of the forum. BUT, I want to use aviation and fleet photos in the background of it. Goal, I would like several logos, that I will edit to change on random basis (daily, hourly?). The AW and wings would be static, but the aircraft portion of it would change. I have been trying some transparencies and other effects. Or just a static overlay where I create each file. Any suggestions, recommendations, or anyone want to give it a shot?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Computer hacking skillz... bow hunting skillz.....

Sorry John, don't have Photoshop anymore, otherwise I might be able to help. I'm sure someone on here has the know-how.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
I'll give it a shot ... could you post or send the static part of it? Perhaps an exaple of what you are thinking of would help too, or I could just make something up.

Also, what restrictions? Size? Colors at the border?

Anyway, not sure that mine qualify as 'skilz,' but I'm more than willing to help.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
I have skillz within reason. Feel free to PM me if you need anything from me.

Shut up, Fly. That wasn't even a little bit dirty.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Cool, will definately give it a shot ... the wings pic would be a great help, otherwise I'll see what I can do.

Will work a little tonight, but studying for a flight as well, so may have to put in most of the work tomorrow.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Appreciate the responses, will update this thread later tonight with some of the source files.

sonshine

PLC06 Applicant
I'm a Graphic Design major; I'll come up with some ideas if you want me to. Just let me know...

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
sonshine said:
I'm a Graphic Design major; I'll come up with some ideas if you want me to. Just let me know...
Sweet! I knew a couple of you "professionals" were out there! I have fun messing with the graphics, but also that I haven't spent enough time to be really "good" with it. I'll stick to the coding part, lol.

Any assist from all would be appreciated.

John

sonshine

PLC06 Applicant
No problem webmaster. I guess I'm a little confused as to exactly what you're looking for on the logo... Are you wanting a completely new logo? A bunch of different logo's to alternate between? Keep part of the old one but change it up a little? Let me know, and if I could get a copy of whatever graphics you want to be used in it that would be cool.

sonshine

PLC06 Applicant
Also, I could possibly create an animated logo in Adobe ImageReady, if that would be of any interest to you...

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Files...

Ok, here are some of the files I am working with. The PSD file of the default forum header from vbulletin. The GIF file with the wings. I think the best option would be to go with a overlying transparency, and then I can take cut files and put them as background behind the wings and airwarriors logo. Thinking 90x250 pixels for the various aviation photos, and whatever framing and blending over to the title to the right or left of it.

Or, you can tell me I am smoking crack if you have a better idea! :D

Tired, need sleep...

John

Attachments

• logo WHITE BG.psd
    148.8 KB · Views: 40
  • vbulletin3_logo_white.gif
    vbulletin3_logo_white.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 88
  • vbulletin3_logo_white.gif
    vbulletin3_logo_white.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 42