• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

Stalin

I'd start doing whatever else you need IMMEDIATELY. Feels good to get pro-rec'd, feels devastating to have the pro-rec expire due to some paperwork (take it from me) :(

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I'd start doing whatever else you need IMMEDIATELY. Feels good to get pro-rec'd, feels devastating to have the pro-rec expire due to some paperwork (take it from me) :(

Quoted for truth.

Kay said:
are the FS more based on getting medically cleared? and just starting the investigation?

The medical clearance process is probably the most difficult to get through. If you have any questionable diagnoses or conditions in your medical history, make sure you get every scrap of documentation you can for it before you go to MEPS. This will make your life much easier. Also, as has been said many times on AW, never-ever-ever lie about your medical history, it will come back to bite you in the ass.

Wallale

First post, but thought I would join us since I just made AUG boards for Intel first time around. I'm still a bit shocked since so many of my friends have applied 2 and 3 times. Selected for FY13 Alternate for FY12. Anyone know the wait time to possibly get in on FY12?

M/30/Currently Navy E6 IS
Applied Intel/IW/Supply
3.35 GPA Double degree Accounting and Finance from Auburn, AL (WAR EAGLE)
4 LOR (J2 Director of EUCOM, Navy Intel 06, CO and Professor/mentor)
Both grandfathers pior Army, one was O3 retired other was E4
Primary Language English, currently learning Portuguese (God bless Rosetta Stone)
Not selected for March Supply boards (which is fine because my goal was Intel)

Stalin

Oh yeah, HUGE heads up for the physical... get documentation NOW! For everything! I was supposed to have my physical done in May, and my recruiter said to get documentation for my broken arm (happened *6* years ago.) Well being the high speed prior service guy that I was, I had been through MEPS twice before and never needed documentation for that so why should I listen to my recruiter and get it now? Because he was right. At first I needed documentation from after the cast was taken off, then I needed a current letter from a doctor, then I needed to provide them X-rays! To make a long story short, I got my physical done early August instead of in May, all because of some silly incident that occurred 6 years ago.

My point is not to lie, that has been stated enough on this forum. I'm giving you all a warning that MEPS is trying even harder to disqualify people, and to get all the documentation you can before you do your physical. It is a pain, it costed me money, and it was completely ridiculous, but that is what they are requiring now (or at least in my case.)

LSJU

My OR said that there would be no Intel/IW Board for this FY, are you referring to next FY?

If you're like me, and had a package that would have been ready and submitted by the 25 July deadline for the 22 Aug Intel/IW Board, but not submitted in time for the board that was supposed to happen in April, then your package didn't get reviewed this time around. If your young enough that might be a positive thing since there were over 500 kits reviewed and I've read on here and NavyOCS that only about 40 Pro-Rec selections were made, including alternates. I'd rather not have been in that huge group and it may clear things out a bit for the next board - which I hear is projected for sometime in the Spring of '12.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
Oh yeah, HUGE heads up for the physical... get documentation NOW! For everything! I was supposed to have my physical done in May, and my recruiter said to get documentation for my broken arm (happened *6* years ago.) Well being the high speed prior service guy that I was, I had been through MEPS twice before and never needed documentation for that so why should I listen to my recruiter and get it now? Because he was right. At first I needed documentation from after the cast was taken off, then I needed a current letter from a doctor, then I needed to provide them X-rays! To make a long story short, I got my physical done early August instead of in May, all because of some silly incident that occurred 6 years ago.

Strange, I had a broken arm as well. Granted, mine was like 14 years ago, and I also had it prior to joining the Army. They didn't really care at MEPS either time.

ruby416

I just have a question about the board..... Say there were some applicants did not get select for their first choice, then their second choice was supply (or other designators). Would these people roll into the supply board just like everybody else who's first choice was supply? Or the board would look at those applicants who's first choice was supply first?
Thanks....

PRISSY83

Pro-Rec'd for IW on Aug 11 IDC board
I just have a question about the board..... Say there were some applicants did not get select for their first choice, then their second choice was supply (or other designators). Would these people roll into the supply board just like everybody else who's first choice was supply? Or the board would look at those applicants who's first choice was supply first?
Thanks....

Hi Ruby,
From experience I applied IP/IW/SUPPLY in that order.
My first board was Suppy and I was a non-select Mar 2011.
They held on to my package until the other board convened which was Aug 2011 and I got pro-rec'd for IW.

So as far as my understanding goes, your board will reach each designator you applied for.
Hope this helps....:)

ruby416

Hi Ruby,
From experience I applied IP/IW/SUPPLY in that order.
My first board was Suppy and I was a non-select Mar 2011.
They held on to my package until the other board convened which was Aug 2011 and I got pro-rec'd for IW.

So as far as my understanding goes, your board will reach each designator you applied for.
Hope this helps....:)
Hi Prissy,
Thanks for the reply. I am a fleet applicant and supply was my only choice..... I have been told that the Aug supply board been cancelled due to the unscheduled July board, but the next supply board will be held at Sep 26th. I am just kinda guessing about how many applicants going to be in that board, but I did not count the ones have supply as the 2nd/3rd choice..... Thank you again!!!!:)

PRISSY83

Pro-Rec'd for IW on Aug 11 IDC board
Hi Prissy,
Thanks for the reply. I am a fleet applicant and supply was my only choice..... I have been told that the Aug supply board been cancelled due to the unscheduled July board, but the next supply board will be held at Sep 26th. I am just kinda guessing about how many applicants going to be in that board, but I did not count the ones have supply as the 2nd/3rd choice..... Thank you again!!!!:)

Ummm not really sure how many applicants would be on your board, but my board was the same way. IP and IW was suppose to convene in April 2011 but it did not happen due to budget cuts, and from reliable resources millsra13(whom is also on this blog) said it was about 500 applicants and only around 40 were pro-rec'd. Maybe if you cont millsra13 he would be able to let you know being that he is the location where the boards take place...:D

GreenLantern330

My point is not to lie, that has been stated enough on this forum. I'm giving you all a warning that MEPS is trying even harder to disqualify people, and to get all the documentation you can before you do your physical. It is a pain, it costed me money, and it was completely ridiculous, but that is what they are requiring now (or at least in my case.)

I broke my ankle 8 years ago, and called the hospital I went to to get documentation to put on my medical pre screen kit, but they informed me that they throw out all documents after 7 years... so obviously I couldn't get anything and that's what I wrote on the form... there's no possible way for me to obtain those records... is that gonna be a problem?

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I broke my ankle 8 years ago, and called the hospital I went to to get documentation to put on my medical pre screen kit, but they informed me that they throw out all documents after 7 years... so obviously I couldn't get anything and that's what I wrote on the form... there's no possible way for me to obtain those records... is that gonna be a problem?

Hey Green,

I had the same issue when I had an appendectomy done. . .when I was 11, over 17 years ago, So, needless to say, no medical records exist at the facility where the surgery took place. I called everyone I could in order to find some proof or record of it having taken place, but no dice. What worked for me was a letter from the hospital stating that their records are destroyed after XX amount of years as well as a letter stating that I attempted to contact my pediatrician's office and the hospital in an attempt to locate any records. That worked for me, though your mileage may vary.

Best of luck to you!

GreenLantern330

Hey Green,

I had the same issue when I had an appendectomy done. . .when I was 11, over 17 years ago, So, needless to say, no medical records exist at the facility where the surgery took place. I called everyone I could in order to find some proof or record of it having taken place, but no dice. What worked for me was a letter from the hospital stating that their records are destroyed after XX amount of years as well as a letter stating that I attempted to contact my pediatrician's office and the hospital in an attempt to locate any records. That worked for me, though your mileage may vary.

Best of luck to you!

Thank you very much! I hadn't thought of the letter from the hospital, that's an excellent idea.