• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

Stalin

I broke my ankle 8 years ago, and called the hospital I went to to get documentation to put on my medical pre screen kit, but they informed me that they throw out all documents after 7 years... so obviously I couldn't get anything and that's what I wrote on the form... there's no possible way for me to obtain those records... is that gonna be a problem?
You can also get an x-ray from any other doctor and have the doctor write a letter stating that you are ok (in addition to getting the x-rays.) That is what I did, it just so happened that the doctor I used also was the one that took care of my cast 6 years ago. MEPS is just looking to see either how you healed up after everything was said and done or how you are now.

Maybe Atlanta MEPS was more strict than other MEPS, but when it comes to your future career, I'd err on the side of caution and go ahead and get documentation. You may not even need it, but I'd personally rather be safe than sorry

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Yeah. . . I don't know if the fact that I'm a prior, and have had a few physicals already helped me out with the doc at MEPS or not.

nismospeed5spd

If you're like me, and had a package that would have been ready and submitted by the 25 July deadline for the 22 Aug Intel/IW Board, but not submitted in time for the board that was supposed to happen in April, then your package didn't get reviewed this time around. If your young enough that might be a positive thing since there were over 500 kits reviewed and I've read on here and NavyOCS that only about 40 Pro-Rec selections were made, including alternates. I'd rather not have been in that huge group and it may clear things out a bit for the next board - which I hear is projected for sometime in the Spring of '12.

Thanks, I was wondering what happened with that board. I haven't been following this thread too closely. Only when my OR doesn't have an answer for me.

Fastdak25

Pro-Rec'd IW
If you're like me, and had a package that would have been ready and submitted by the 25 July deadline for the 22 Aug Intel/IW Board, but not submitted in time for the board that was supposed to happen in April, then your package didn't get reviewed this time around. If your young enough that might be a positive thing since there were over 500 kits reviewed and I've read on here and NavyOCS that only about 40 Pro-Rec selections were made, including alternates. I'd rather not have been in that huge group and it may clear things out a bit for the next board - which I hear is projected for sometime in the Spring of '12.

I guess I was lucky enough to barely meet the deadline for the april board, of course shortly after I found out it was canceled. The extra wait was worth it though with my pro-rec from the august board.

PRISSY83

Pro-Rec'd for IW on Aug 11 IDC board
I guess I was lucky enough to barely meet the deadline for the april board, of course shortly after I found out it was canceled. The extra wait was worth it though with my pro-rec from the august board.

Fastdak you couldnt be more right! it was a long wait, since dec 10 for me... but definitely worth the WAIT!!! with the budgets cuts going on cancelled boards, patience was definitely becoming a virture...LOL...! SO HAPPY WE SURVIVED!:D

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Ladies and Gents, I just spoke with my recruiter and found out that Big Navy has re-granted my pro rec. Unfortunately, he also hit me with some bad news. Apparently, the budget crisis has still not been settled and those pro rec'd by the August boards will be waiting for a Final Select while Congress shuffles the budget for next fiscal year. He also said that some of us may be waiting until FY 2013 or so to report in to OCS. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble who was hoping to get pro rec'd and shipped off in the same day (I know I sure was), but them's the breaks. Best of luck to everyone.

ericchan

Hey LSJU, where'd you hear that the next intel board will be in Spring of 2012?

Stalin

Ladies and Gents, I just spoke with my recruiter and found out that Big Navy has re-granted my pro rec. Unfortunately, he also hit me with some bad news. Apparently, the budget crisis has still not been settled and those pro rec'd by the August boards will be waiting for a Final Select while Congress shuffles the budget for next fiscal year. He also said that some of us may be waiting until FY 2013 or so to report in to OCS. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble who was hoping to get pro rec'd and shipped off in the same day (I know I sure was), but them's the breaks. Best of luck to everyone.
Well that sucks... I technically wasn't on this board, they gave me my pro-rec back from October.... My final select letter is waiting to be signed, my recruiter said today that they were waiting for the boards to convene before signing it and sending it down. What do you mean by "re-granted" your pro-rec? Are you in the same boat as me?

LSJU

Hey LSJU, where'd you hear that the next intel board will be in Spring of 2012?

From my OR when he called to tell me that I wasn't going to be in the August board - and he used the word "maybe" or "probably" or some such hedge. As we all know, none of this stuff is certain, its fluid and changes like the wind. So I'll take everyone else's advice and stay tuned and ready to move when the opportunity arises.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Well that sucks... I technically wasn't on this board, they gave me my pro-rec back from October.... My final select letter is waiting to be signed, my recruiter said today that they were waiting for the boards to convene before signing it and sending it down. What do you mean by "re-granted" your pro-rec? Are you in the same boat as me?

By "re-granted" I mean that after I received my initial pro-rec last September, I became embroiled in an epic struggle with MEPS doctors to get cleared medically. The entire seven-month episode ran from frustrating to depressing to borderline ridiculous; eventually requiring a full medical review board from BUMED. Suffice it to say, but my pro-rec expired, requiring me to head back to the boards in April, and then June, and now August. So if that's at all similar to you, then yes, we're in the same boat, and the first beer in Pensacola is on me.

Stalin

By "re-granted" I mean that after I received my initial pro-rec last September, I became embroiled in an epic struggle with MEPS doctors to get cleared medically. The entire seven-month episode ran from frustrating to depressing to borderline ridiculous; eventually requiring a full medical review board from BUMED. Suffice it to say, but my pro-rec expired, requiring me to head back to the boards in April, and then June, and now August. So if that's at all similar to you, then yes, we're in the same boat, and the first beer in Pensacola is on me.
Haha I was pro-rec'd in October, took my Army chain of command 5.5 months to sign a piece of paper letting me switch over. Then MEPS were playing their silly games of course, so "went" to the August boards but not really. I got my OCS date for Feb 12, and like I said, my final select letter is "waiting to be signed." The information that you have, does that affect us or just everyone else that actually got looked at this board...?

Edit: After all I've been through I owe a few beers myself lol

Pilot Paul

Pro Rec SNA
Called my recruiter. She said they are still on leave from Labor Day at NRD Seattle. She said she'd call me tomorrow. Anyone's recruiters go to work today?