• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

I read on another thread that we should start an actual thread for our board in August so I figured I would just get the ball rolling.

24/m
SNA Applicant
8/8/9 62
B.B.A. Corporate Finance/Marketing double major
3.39 GPA
Passed basic MEPS physical. Old knee injury was a non-factor after I submitted the appropriate paperwork.
4 speeding tickets

3 LOR's from previous employers and professors. Including one employer who is a retired E-8 in the Army. I had a couple more but my OR told me I didn't need them as the first 3 I sent him were strong

Recruiter told me his recruiting station wrote "glowing" things about me in the area where they provide their input on the final application

Private Pilot License (PPL) with approximately 44 hours on the application

Lead several organizations in college and have a fair amount of leadership experience reflected in my application.

I first applied to Air Force OTS. When that board got cancelled they rolled my application back and I will now find out from both branches if I am accepted or not in the first part of September.

Recruiter said my motivational statement was strong also.

VNE

I will jump in here as well.

25/M
SNA/NFO
B.A. General Studies (GPA 2.53)
ASTB: 9/9/8 66
MEPS passed
PPL ~100 hrs.
Founder/Captain of University's Flight team
Lead a few other aviation organizations in college
A bit of volunteer work (~300 hrs.)
Interview: Navy 0-6 (USNA Professor of Leadership and Ethics) - Perfect scores & a perfect write-up.
LORS: 0-7 AF ret., 0-6 Navy, 0-6 Navy, Employer, Flight Team peer
Clean health record
Clean legal record

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
I'm an active duty AE2 with 6 years in

27 Male (active duty waiver)

SNA only applicant

8/8/7 64

3.91 BS Technical Management Embry-Riddle

4 LOR's 1 from the Admiral of CNRC (that should help immensly!) 2 from prior CO's O-6, 1 from LT DIVO (who is a pilot)
2 flights so far towards PPL, tons of volunteer work

2 EPs, 2 MPs, 1 NAM, 3 FLOCS

Outstanding interview appraisals (all 10s)

P.S.- I posted this on another thread, but in case you didn't read it - I work at CNRC in Millington as a Cyberspace Recruiter, so I might be able to dispell some rumors concerning boards and what not, just ask!

croakerfish

pilot
25/M
SNA/NFO/AMDO/SWO/Supply
BS Exercise Science 3.2
MS Exercise Physiology 3.4
ASTB 8/8/9 67

4 LOR's, from Grad school boss/advisor, cycling team coach from undergrad, AD AF Col I used to train with, and lab supervisor from grad school.

Passed basic MEPS physical for AF.
I'm an Eagle Scout, plus I have a lot of volunteer work and held some leadership positions on the cycling team in college.
1 interview from O-5, former F-14 RIO.

I'm in the same boat with the AF board and the Navy one. It never rains but it pours, right?

25/M 1st SNA 2nd SNFO 3rd AMDO

BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Minors in Computer Science and Japanese
GPA: 3.61 Graduated Cum Laude

ASTB: 9/9/9 69
Worked as an Engineer for the Navy at Pearl, as a civilian, for a year and a half now.
Have just over 35 hours in C172 on app.

Made it through MEPS with no issues.

Other stuff
Volunteer for First robotics competition (mentoring High School kids) 4hrs/wk for 2 months
Omega Delta Phi Fraternity: Internal VP and Fund raising chair for 1 Year.
Loads of scholarships in school
Multiple awards from current job.
Captained a city league Ultimate Frisbee team and play on Club team out of HI.
Interview with Retired 0-5 Pilot
Good reviews from current and past employers.

Also should be finishing up getting my PPL today!!!!

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
You all have some ridiculous ASTB scores. I sure am glad I'm not going up against any of you.

pdizzle

No kidding on the ASTB scores... there a freakishly large number of well qualified applicants going in front of this board

22/m/non prior
SNA/SNFO (I think I'm vision DQ'd from being a SNA though)
9/9/9 67
3.31 Public Policy from University of Michigan
LORs include ex Navy/CIA/Congressman awesome dude, and the dean of my college
Leadership includes running a 30-student paid staff for athletic department, and being on the executive board of two student orgs
Admitted marijuana experimentation (<5 times freshmen year)
Clean legal record

Ya this is going to be a tough one. To select between this group you would pretty much have to toss out the ASTB scores. They are all so close/high that they are almost irrelevant. Makes me wish I worked harder on the rest of my app. Not that I didn't work hard, just think I could always do better.

Yeah. I am now officially intimidated. I was satisfied with my ASTB scores before this thread started. I imagine they will start to look at the whole package a lot more if the rest of the applicants have ASTB scores like we have seen so far. Good luck to everyone. Including me. :)

Pilot Paul

Pro Rec SNA
22/m/DoD Contractor (I am a CFI at Whidbey Island Navy Flying Club aboard NAS Whidbey Island)
SNA Only
7/7/7 57 .....damn guys, your scores scare me, well done.
3.8 Aeronautical Science from ERAU. Minor in Business Administration. Graduated Magna Cum Laude. Graduated in 3 years
LORS: 1 Captain, 3 Commanders (2 of which are my bosses, one is CIA now.), 1 Lieutenant (one of my students) 1 former educator. I wish I had a chief student so I could show what the enlisted side thinks of me.
Lacrosse Team president and captain
Community service
International Baccalaureate in High School
~1000 hours flight time. I teach in the t-34B and I'm working on my CFII. Just made my 5th pilot...2 days before he got deployed on the Bush!
Clean Legal
MEPS soon. PRK waiver just finished (finally......ouch)

I gotta agree....We all look pretty amazing. Go team. Good luck! Not that you all will need it by the looks of things.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Wow...I better ace the ASTB when I take it next week now after seeing these scores (pretty much ready for it, but am still out of the country until Friday).

Rest of stats though:

22/M - SNA/SNFO/SWO
3.84 GPA-Cornell University-BS Industrial and Labor Relations
5 LOR's-1 from former professor who is a retired 0-3 from Army and 3 are from high ranking HR management at a Fortune 500 company in Silicon Valley
Have yet to do interview, but looks like it will be with an O-5 with aviation background
Very good work experience (internships) for HR at major semiconductor company HQ (7 months), a local CPA (8 months), and a city commissioner (4 months), plus HS job for 10 months
Exchange in Australia and study abroad in Ireland-1 semester each
Student Senator, member of boxing club
Several scholarships, honor societies, 5x dean's list, etc. as well
No flight hours..hope it does not come back to haunt me

Going to be an interesting (and probably nerve wracking) board to say the least...

MGoBrew11

pilot
I was pretty confident about this board until....I saw this thread.

NFO/Intel/IW

22/M

8/8/9 61

3.59 in History/Spanish @ University of Michigan
Captain of HS XC/Track teams
VP of fraternity
Raised $1000 for an orphanage in S. Africa by organizing a 5k fundraiser
Lots of volunteer work, not sure on actual number of hours
Currently teaching Spanish in New Orleans public schools
3:02 marathon

LORs from bosses, former military, DEA people

No interviews and an MIP freshman year of college are the negatives.

attakmint

man... I only got a 7/7/8/60... maybe I should take the EDO SEGA thing after all!

Or maybe I should have went for the AF Rated board, I did a LOT better on the AFOQT. Maybe an ASTB retest is in order?

I am really hoping that this is just all overachievers that want to show off their good scores and not the norm. Because I really dont know how you would separate these packets. I wonder what the number of selectees will be? Anyone have a clue?