• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

The word here in Millington is that the results should be out next week! Like cmcalvert, I too will be at the lake all week with my wife's family practicing binge drinking so I might not get the word right away. I am having one of the OCS guys call me when the results are out, but I don't know about the quality of cell service at the lake so you might want to call your recruiters if you haven't heard anything by Friday. Good luck!

Holy Board Release Batman! If so then they would release on/before the AFOTS results come out. It is either going to be a great week or a really piss poor week.

Lucy

So the NY OR posted a blog today... and even though I take everything he says with a grain of salt (especially since no 2 ORs ever have the same info), his info was that the the FY12 quotas should be ~260 officers for all designators. He pretty much said that nothing will open up until next fall... but you never know

This doesn't really equal much news. Pilot board taking about what 100ish, a few supply in the last couple/this month or next, and misc other designators.

Remember FY12 selects are done prior to boards occurring in FY12. At most, the fall boards would have picked up 10% of the total quota for FY12. Boards after Sep/Oct 2011 are for the upcoming FY, ie any boards following now will be selecting for FY13.

This shouldn't really matter since I hope no one who was applying after August was hoping to go to OCS prior to next July(2012) anyhow.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
This doesn't really equal much news. Pilot board taking about what 100ish, a few supply in the last couple/this month or next, and misc other designators.

Remember FY12 selects are done prior to boards occurring in FY12. At most, the fall boards would have picked up 10% of the total quota for FY12. Boards after Sep/Oct 2011 are for the upcoming FY, ie any boards following now will be selecting for FY13.

This shouldn't really matter since I hope no one who was applying after August was hoping to go to OCS prior to next July(2012) anyhow.

I thought the same thing before I read it (that he was confused about FY's). But no, he seems to think that there won't be another board until September 2012. That those 260 slots would be all that get filled in the coming year (he states it as the FY12 recruiting goals).

GreenLantern330

Either I got confused on the FY or he got confused on the FY.

Fastdak25

Pro-Rec'd IW
Results for IDC are out on BOL. I checked mine two days ago and I have been Pro-reced for IW. I have not seen the results for intel which is the other designator i applied for. My stats:

27 years old, just over 3.5 years active duty ABE2(AW)
BS in Networking Technologies with 2.89 GPA
OAR/ASTB 52 5/6/5
Evals (newest to oldest) MP, EP, MP, P
Boards - 1 O-6, O-4 and an O-3, all 10s few 9s
LORs - 2 O-4s and an O-3
No awards/flocs

I already have my SCI top secret clearance as I put in for the SCI investigation back in February, so thats out of the way. Hoping I don't have to wait too long before getting my FS and class date. My ship is going on deployment here in a few months and the counselors have no idea whats going happen (go on deployment or stay on ship's beach dept in TPU).

miguel

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug board
Good job, Miguel. What were your stats, by the way?

Chief,

My package included:
- 24 Years old, 7 years AD, IT2(IDW)
-OAR 47
-last three PFA : EXC Low
-Certifications: A+, Net +, Sec +, Server +, MCP, MCSA and almost done on my MCSE.
-I have my clearance already. Last three evals (EP, MP, P)
-2 FLOC
- Associates Computer Science 3.22 GPA
-Bachelors IT Management 3.03 GPA
-Halfway through my masters in management 3.6 GPA
-I have some volunteer work and extracurricular stuff that applies to teamwork/involvement.
-Fluent in 2 languages
-I have various out of rate courses as well as 5 NEC's: 2790,2791,2780,2779,2375
-Recommendations from:
- 1 O6 IP
- 1 O3 Intel
- 2 O6 SWO
- 1 O6 Aviation
- 1 O5 SWO
- 1 O4 Supply Corps
*all recommendations were 10 across the board. Something that I think was useful was that all of the interviewers had a different reason to recommend me on their statements. some spoke of physical fitness, others about character, bearing, etc...
- CO Rec O4 Supply
I had IP as my number 1 pick since my certifications and NEC's matched the Job description and Intel as my second but either one works. I was really working hard on getting myself certified for IP but Intel is just as great a set of news as IP would have been.

miguel

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug board
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Final Selection letter once you get the PRO-REC?

I already have my TS-SCI since I am an IT. Any thoughts?

miguel

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug board
CONGRATS TO YOU MIGUEL!

I received a PRO-REC for IW (INFORMATION WARFARE).
I am a fleet applicant.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!
Congratulations!! Hey let me know if you get your Final Select letter so I can know when more or less it is coming.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Final Selection letter once you get the PRO-REC?

I already have my TS-SCI since I am an IT. Any thoughts?

Fleet applicants get them quicker typically... It also depends on your designator... I recently viewed a post in which someone was Pro-Rec'd in July... FS in August... OCS in October... Hope that helps...

Lucy

Congrats Kay! Glad it came through for you.:)

Ff and gl- when it was still last fy the nyusn blog seemed to confuse fy recruiting with quotas with OCS dates. Not sure if the wording is off or what but the confusion from the posts is consistent. When compared to other info it often seems the stated fy is usually right as far as quotas go but is being mixed with calendar year. Esp considering fy13 quotas haven't been published yet. In fact that post seems quite similar to the post from last year.

flynavy22

Primary in Corpus Crisco
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is well known (I couldn't find a post specifically stating this when I scanned this thread) but apparently the Pilot board did not meet on August 22. Also, it is unknown when the next board will be. My OR said his best guess was next year (as in no earlier than January, not talking fiscal years here) for the next Pilot or any designator board, excepting CWE, CEC, SEGA, and SEAL. For whatever reason those may still happen this year according to him.

Needless to say, this was a sour surprise for me...but, I wanted to make sure everyone else knew about this.