• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

VTFlyer

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is well known (I couldn't find a post specifically stating this when I scanned this thread) but apparently the Pilot board did not meet on August 22. Also, it is unknown when the next board will be. My OR said his best guess was next year (as in no earlier than January, not talking fiscal years here) for the next Pilot or any designator board, excepting CWE, CEC, SEGA, and SEAL. For whatever reason those may still happen this year according to him.

Needless to say, this was a sour surprise for me...but, I wanted to make sure everyone else knew about this.

You need to go back and look at the past 5 pages......not unless I COMPLETELY missed something the boards met on the 30th, so yes you are right they didn't meet when they were supposed to but they weren't canceled. Quit trying to give people heart attacks haha. You should probably go back and have a chat with your OR

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
That post above is exactly why the NYUSN recruiter shouldn't be speculating. I don't mean to undermine a Lieutenant, but sometimes they don't know the whole story. Speculation, especially when it's said very matter-of-factly, is an injustice to those looking to join this organization (especially non-priors who seem to be more trusting).

It's exactly like you said, Lucy. The quotas for FY13 have not been established yet, and boards recruiting for FY13 haven't been set (heck, we're still in FY11 for another month!). Anything you hear about next year is SPECULATION. They just finished un-clustering FY12 stuff at the end of July (after government shutdown and budget issues screwed all kinds of stuff up).

fjauliveld

Fleet applicants get them quicker typically... It also depends on your designator... I recently viewed a post in which someone was Pro-Rec'd in July... FS in August... OCS in October... Hope that helps...

I think I'm the one TBC is talking about. I am currently active duty, Pro-Rec'd for Supply 25 July, actual Pro-Rec results on BOL came 2 August. Final Select was dated 26 August, received 29 August. Got my orders today and going to OCS 09 October. Just make sure all your medical paperwork is turned in. You can call the fleet processor to make sure they have everything they need. The processor in Millington will become your best friend over the next month or so. Be courteous and respect that only 2 people are handling all of the fleet applicants, so expect them to be busy, especially when the SNA board results come out next week.

PRISSY83

Pro-Rec'd for IW on Aug 11 IDC board
Results for IDC are out on BOL. I checked mine two days ago and I have been Pro-reced for IW. I have not seen the results for intel which is the other designator i applied for. My stats:

27 years old, just over 3.5 years active duty ABE2(AW)
BS in Networking Technologies with 2.89 GPA
OAR/ASTB 52 5/6/5
Evals (newest to oldest) MP, EP, MP, P
Boards - 1 O-6, O-4 and an O-3, all 10s few 9s
LORs - 2 O-4s and an O-3
No awards/flocs

I already have my SCI top secret clearance as I put in for the SCI investigation back in February, so thats out of the way. Hoping I don't have to wait too long before getting my FS and class date. My ship is going on deployment here in a few months and the counselors have no idea whats going happen (go on deployment or stay on ship's beach dept in TPU).

CONGRATS FASTDAK25!;)

I was also selected for IW on this board. Maybe we will be in the same class?!
Have you heard when we may receive our Final Select Letter?

PRISSY83

Congratulations!! Hey let me know if you get your Final Select letter so I can know when more or less it is coming.

Miguel,
I surely will let you know! ;)Maybe we will get in the same class. I see on the boards people are already saying they are classed up for March classes already....! What is your speculation on when we will receive our Final Select and attend OCS?

PRISSY83

Its been awhile since my last post...but I just heard yesterday...PRO REC for Intel!

CONGRATS KAY!:)
Do you happen to know how many IDC quotas they were filling this board? I was looking to see how many applicants applied and accepted but no luck....

Again CONGRATS!

Kay

Thanks! Congrats to all you guys as well!! I am not sure...about the number but I would be curious to find out.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
CONGRATS KAY!:)
Do you happen to know how many IDC quotas they were filling this board? I was looking to see how many applicants applied and accepted but no luck....

I talked to the OCS processor at work today...it was pretty brutal, they only took 51 out of somewhere around 500 apps! Congrats to all of you who were pro rec'ed for IDC, that was a tough board.

miguel

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug board
Miguel,
I surely will let you know! ;)Maybe we will get in the same class. I see on the boards people are already saying they are classed up for March classes already....! What is your speculation on when we will receive our Final Select and attend OCS?
Where yous tationed at? I am in San Diego. As far as speculation I am hoping for a april class. The winter will be over and it will give me enough time to finish 5 classes for FY12 for my masters and then ill be 1 class away.

I spoke to one of my OCS grad LCDR and he said within the next month or so I should have a class date because i already have TS SCI which is the requirement for my trade.

PRISSY83

I talked to the OCS processor at work today...it was pretty brutal, they only took 51 out of somewhere around 500 apps! Congrats to all of you who were pro rec'ed for IDC, that was a tough board.

Thanks Millsra13! Good Luck in your endeavors!:)

Fastdak25

Pro-Rec'd IW
CONGRATS FASTDAK25!;)

I was also selected for IW on this board. Maybe we will be in the same class?!
Have you heard when we may receive our Final Select Letter?

No i haven't heard anything about when I will get an FS or when i could be classed up. I'm already enlisted, medical paperwork should go through fine and i already got my TS/SCI so hoping for a quick FS and class up

PRISSY83

Where yous tationed at? I am in San Diego. As far as speculation I am hoping for a april class. The winter will be over and it will give me enough time to finish 5 classes for FY12 for my masters and then ill be 1 class away.

I spoke to one of my OCS grad LCDR and he said within the next month or so I should have a class date because i already have TS SCI which is the requirement for my trade.

AWESOME about you finishing up your Master's! I'm also in San Diego...stationed in Point Loma, CCSG-11 Staff billet....
I have 4 more classes before I finish my Master's... So hopefully we get it done!!!

I hope your OCS grad LCDR is right... I also have my TS SCI for IT's it is a requirement at Staff.

Fastdak25

Pro-Rec'd IW

When you say IDC, do you mean IW, intel, or both?

PRISSY83

No i haven't heard anything about when I will get an FS or when i could be classed up. I'm already enlisted, medical paperwork should go through fine and i already got my TS/SCI so hoping for a quick FS and class up

Same here, enlisted, medical already done, and TS SCI already done! Best Wishes for the both of us!:D

flynavy22

Primary in Corpus Crisco
You need to go back and look at the past 5 pages......not unless I COMPLETELY missed something the boards met on the 30th, so yes you are right they didn't meet when they were supposed to but they weren't canceled. Quit trying to give people heart attacks haha. You should probably go back and have a chat with your OR

My OR told me point blank that there was no board for Pilot. I don't know how he could be misinformed about such a thing, but I hope you are correct and the board was just mysteriously delayed for 8 days rather than cancelled outright.