• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
I thought it would be my drinking that would disqualify me, and I've gotta get my real name off this thread.

If you murder someone in vehicular homicide because of a DUI, yeah that might do it. But casual/social drinking.....no....you do understand that this is Naval Aviation you're trying to join right? The CONA (Centennial of Naval Aviation) Ball this year is an open bar event just as an example.

Sonog

pilot
I've done stunt man shots and nose shots with Top Gun instructors one time at a bar, should I have popped that on my app?

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
I've done stunt man shots and nose shots with Top Gun instructors one time at a bar, should I have popped that on my app?

How do you think the rest of us got accepted?

Sonog

pilot
In all seriousness, I wish there was a way to convey the "I like to have 10-15 beers in a totally responsible manner" quality on the app

VTFlyer

In all seriousness, I wish there was a way to convey the "I like to have 10-15 beers in a totally responsible manner" quality on the app

back in 2009 when I had my separation physical, medical told me I could not put more than 24 beers a week down for alcohol consumption because I would have to go to alcoholic counseling haha.

I believe the Navy is still pushing the "Right Spirit Campaign" correct if I'm wrong...I always thought it was humorous, "dispelling the stereotype of the drunken sailor"

VTFlyer

hopefully opening day and college football will help take my mind off the boards and I can stop checking air warriors constantly haha

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
The word here in Millington is that the results should be out next week! Like cmcalvert, I too will be at the lake all week with my wife's family practicing binge drinking so I might not get the word right away. I am having one of the OCS guys call me when the results are out, but I don't know about the quality of cell service at the lake so you might want to call your recruiters if you haven't heard anything by Friday. Good luck!

mattisback2nigh

No, the Navy doesn't appreciate racist undertones, you have to be full fledged racist or not at all to get selected.

Totally blew it then! I suppose the whole registered sex offender thing didn't help either...probably should of avoided putting that as both my ec options. Guess I'll try air force.. :)

GreenLantern330

So the NY OR posted a blog today... and even though I take everything he says with a grain of salt (especially since no 2 ORs ever have the same info), his info was that the the FY12 quotas should be ~260 officers for all designators. He pretty much said that nothing will open up until next fall... but you never know. Some guy crunching the numbers could realize he was wrong and they need more officers, or this guy could just be completely wrong. Either way, for those of us who aren't in the August board and are waiting for our next shots, get your shit done ASAP and hope for the best.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
Refer to my previous post about worrying about stuff out of your control.

That said, I'm surprised his blog is still up. It seems like the last thing the Navy needs is misinformation spreading through seemingly official sources. As an active duty officer, he probably shouldn't be "guessing" as to the recruiting needs of the Navy, nor when the next boards will be. He should really just stick to providing forms and documents (if anything).

It's one thing if I go into a thread and make a guess about something. You can just brush me off as some random guy. But when an active recruiter does, on a blog that looks like it could be Navy sanctioned, it's dangerous.