• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 09 Boards

PJ81

FS SNA
Good to see another prior-service AF dude in the group...crossing out of the blue man! :D

No kidding...on the upside OCS should be a cakewalk after AF boot camp.......haha, I can't even keep a straight face after writing that.:D
Yeah, I didn't walk away from the AF, I ran. What I liked most about this site, was that everything everyone said here about the AF was dead on, so I knew it would be different once I got into the Navy.

Viashino684

Final Select SNA
got my FS letter today, I sign and swear on monday at 10 am! Oh lordy, if I owned a farm I'd throw a big pig roast in celebration. It'll be 100% official monday! Can't wait to see everyone in newport on the 6th!

PS. I was thinking, since were December 6th and the 68th anniversary of the December 7th, 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor is the next day. Do you think any ceremonies or anything will take place or just a moment of silence kind of thing?

SWOHopeful

Sigh...TPQ for my vision!!! I have to get a full eye work up now because i needed correction using pin hole. Basically I was 20/25 farsighted and now I have to go get a full work up. New year here I come!

overspeed550

NPA A-Pool
No kidding...on the upside OCS should be a cakewalk after AF boot camp.......haha, I can't even keep a straight face after writing that.:D
Yeah, I didn't walk away from the AF, I ran. What I liked most about this site, was that everything everyone said here about the AF was dead on, so I knew it would be different once I got into the Navy.
Hah, I hope so...but we know better. It'll be some of the same abuse, but alot less of the parental supervision...at least later in the syllabus.

I heard a common taunt of the DI's to the former AF folks was "you're gonna cross back into the blue!". Gonna be fun man.

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
Sigh...TPQ for my vision!!! I have to get a full eye work up now because i needed correction using pin hole. Basically I was 20/25 farsighted and now I have to go get a full work up. New year here I come!

why was 20/25 a problem? My vision sucks (one eye doesn't correct better than 20/40) and I got PQd

SWOHopeful

why was 20/25 a problem? My vision sucks (one eye doesn't correct better than 20/40) and I got PQd

I think it was the fact they had to use the pin hole correction on the exam. I don't wear glasses or contacts so they have to make sure. I went to the eye exam today and got 20/20 in both eyes and there is nothing wrong with them. I already emailed her the information so hopefully that gets reloaded to 00M on Monday.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Was away for some bit on business. Congrats to all who have their date!

Just talked today with my OR. I was TDQ-ed because they need me to get screened for the "LASIK in Aviation Study" to ensure I meet the parameters.

Just standing by for a follow up phone call about what I need to do.

For anyone who might know, when your packet is screened at N3M, do they kick it back for a waiver after doing a review of the entire medical packet? Are the waivers that they request based on the things which they need to get you in the pipeline?

I ask this because my NRD, as some of you are aware, was getting ready to submit an age waiver, however this came back instead.

Should I be prepared to get my paperwork together for the LASIK and resubmit, only to get hit with another waiver/TDQ request from N3M due to my age? Or once this waiver is in, is it smooth sailing? Seems like once the waivers that are requested are submitted and reviewed and the applicant is given final approval, that is it.

I can only hope.

Any information is appreciated. Good luck to those waiting. Hoping for a NOV/DEC class but it looks like the NOV classes are filled minus a few who get bumped or reassigned.

FLY NAVY.

BigDave

Got a call yesterday that my allergic rhinitis condition received a waiver and I am now PQ. Should hear back with a class date soon!

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
Got a call from my recruiter this morning - turns out somewhere along the lines my fingerprints were lost. I went back in today and re-did them so maybe I will hear back in the next couple of weeks; everything else has been in for over a month and a half.

It's a little annoying, but at least I found out what was holding the FS up and hopefully there won't be too many hurtles left to deal with.

by the way, getaway, I will be heading back home to NoVa in a couple weeks (tyson's area) - let me know if you want to grab drinks.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Got a call from my recruiter this morning - turns out somewhere along the lines my fingerprints were lost. I went back in today and re-did them so maybe I will hear back in the next couple of weeks; everything else has been in for over a month and a half.

It's a little annoying, but at least I found out what was holding the FS up and hopefully there won't be too many hurtles left to deal with.

by the way, getaway, I will be heading back home to NoVa in a couple weeks (tyson's area) - let me know if you want to grab drinks.

Yeh dude. PM me with dates and we will work something out.

Cowboah

Got word from my recruiter today that I'm in for the Dec. 6th class. I'm still waiting on a FS letter but it all sounds good.

Looking forward to meeting you clowns and doing this! See you guys in Newport and good luck to those still waiting!