• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Study Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdshlsesq

Thanks for all of your replies to my previous inquiry as to the ASTB Flight test. Most of them have really helped, but I have been unable to locate the ARCO study guide that everyone keeps referring to. The only one I saw when I went to both Borders and Barnes & Noble was an ARCO study guide for OCS. Is this the study guide you are all talking about, or is there one specifically for the ASTB exam??
Semper Fi!!
J. David Smith, Jr.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
go Online to Barnes and Nobles and type a search for the "Military Flight apptitude test" and the right book will pop up. My recruiter told me that most stores don't seem to carry them so your best bet is online.....actually I just remembered that I found mine on Amazon.com cheaper...

jrh3u

It is possible to download the ARCO studyguide for free online, provided you have Adobe Acrobat. Here is the link:

http://www.petersons.com/airforce/books.html

JRH

jdshlsesq

Originally posted by jrh3u
It is possible to download the ARCO studyguide for free online, provided you have Adobe Acrobat. Here is the link:

http://www.petersons.com/airforce/books.html

JRH

DOWNLOADED IT, THANKS 4 YOUR HELP!!!

J. David Smith, Jr.

wildflyin69

well I feel stupid for buying the book now!! ****JUST A REMINDER***** The answer to question #3 in the Spacial Apperception test is WRONG in both that 4th and 5th edition book!!

uncledave

wildflyin69,
You are right about that question in the book. I can't believe that the editor didn't see it before publishing it and all of those other editions! I would recommend studying a few other sources along with the ARCO book.

"beware of what you wish for" -what the Chinese say....

skywrdbound

Ok, just took the test. I got 6/7 and my friend got 8/9 (yea, he is a genius). I took Version 2 and my friend took version 1. STUDY THE MARINE GUIDE!!! ARCO is ok, but the marine guide is almost identical. So close it is scary. If you get the marine guide and can do the it fronwards and backwards and explain why/how you got the answers you got, then you will do fine!

wildflyin69

I believe it's posted in the ASTB folder by the webmaster

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

jdshlsesq

Yes, the Marine Guide is in the folder on this web site. I have downloaded this as well and have found it very helpful. I'm still studying for the test so that I can pass it on the first try. Thanks again for all of your advice!!! Semper Fi!!!

J. David Smith, Jr.

mav2431

mav2431
I oredered my ASTB study guide on amazon.com. It was a little cheaper than the ones at Barnes and Noble. I'm pretty sure that you can get one there too.

whitedc

I just took the revised ASTB today. Some of the stuff was new to me. Does anyone know of any updated gouge for the new ASTB?

hrntcat18

where exactly is the marine astb thing...i looked but couldnt find it..help please..i want to be one in the number..thanks guys/gals

Status
Not open for further replies.