• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB - Prep/Study Guide feedback

sd2012

Would anyone be willing to send me the materials as well?

I took the astb in Jan and did not do so great. my recruiter called me today and wants me to retake next thursday to try and make july board. I work long hours and overnight shifts so this should be interesting

s.f.davidson07@gmail.com

really appreciate it

jbalesi

"Poop Dick"
None
Hey guys, I was planning on taking the ASTB in two months, however my XO decided to change that and I am taking it in 15 days. I have been studying math relentlessly for 2 months through khanacademy.org, but I am really worried about the mechanical comprehension. Can anyone please send me anything they have that they found helpful, it will really be helping me out. My email address is: Jacob.Balesi@EU.Navy.Mil

Thanks in advance.

cBoehme

Pro Rec SWO July 2012
Does anyone have any idea as to when the next board is?

The next board for which designation? There is a Pilot/NFO/SWO board the beginning of July. The deadline for your application is June 11th though...

EasyE

The next board for which designation? There is a Pilot/NFO/SWO board the beginning of July. The deadline for your application is June 11th though...
For Pilot and if the deadline is June 11th I wouldn't have enough time to take the test and apply since I just started studying about 2 weeks ago. I would like to take as much time as I can, so I can get a competitive score for this program. Thanks for the information

EasyE

Sorry for bothering everyone, but i just got GRE/GMAT book so I can review some math. But I'm bit confused as to what I should focus on for the mathematical section of the ASTB, can someone please help me out here.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sorry for bothering everyone, but i just got GRE/GMAT book so I can review some math. But I'm bit confused as to what I should focus on for the mathematical section of the ASTB, can someone please help me out here.

Do you have any of the study guides? That would be your first step...

-ea6bflyr ;)

EasyE

Do you have any of the study guides? That would be your first step...

-ea6bflyr ;)
No I don't have any specific study guide I just have a couple of books like the one mention before, the Acro and Barrons Military flight aptitude and a private pilot one for aviation knowledge thats all. If you have any to recommend, I would greatly appreciated.

Gina Yacone

Re: Study Group in Tampa

My name is Gina, and I am living in the Tampa, Florida area. I have been studying on the weekends for the ASTB for the past month, but I would love to find a study partner or group. So, if there is anyone who wants to get together to study please message me. I plan on taking the ASTB sometime in late August, but my focus is more on the OAR portions.

Thanks