• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Poll (NEW)

Add up your ASTB scores... AQR + PFAR + FOFAR..

• 9 to 12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13 to 15

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • 16 to 18

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • 19 to 21

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • 22 to 24

Votes: 26 32.9%
  • 25 to 27

Votes: 14 17.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Though I do agree with you with e-mails and things like that, I do not regard none military websites a area of military rank or anything like that. Many people play online type of games with military officers and I would more then happy to call some of them assholes and the other way around. Yes, you should respect everyone all the time, yes you shouldn't call people assholes, mostly officers, but in a case like this... the guy was kidding around on an internet forum none the less and a few of the forum members freaked out about it. I mean how kiddish can you get. Not to call anyone here a nerd (in fear of getting ridiculed) but it starting to sound like a few of the members on this forum may be just that ;)

^That's the whole point. What timeline do you think it is acceptable to draw that conclusion of "kiddish" with people on here? After 36 posts? Or after said posters 33 posts? Are you on an informal level like that with anyone on AW already? By your above response you've shown you know when it is acceptable, and that you know what's not acceptable. When playing video games online, maybe during a sport etc..so there is really nothing to disagree about.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Look.. I was screwing around.. And if were talking about respect. It goes both ways.. I don't think he was dis-respecting me when he made a smart ass comment about it being a "bell-curve", but it could have been construde that way. And when an officer yells and curses you out for a minor mistake that you made the day before. NOW THAT IS DIS-RESPECTFUL!!! And it happens ALL the time.. EVERYDAY in my Office/Divison. I'm a person, just like you. I have family just like you. Only thing is, I went enlisted because I screwed up my first ride in College and my family couldn't afford to send me/pay for it. I feel extremely grateful to Uncle Sam for forgiving me for my mistakes and giving me a second chance at this. I go to work most of the time early, stay late, do more with less than almost everybody else in my field/job. I don't complain. If you say your gonna do something, by god in my book, you better do it, or you will definately be on my shit list, real quick. I want to change some of the things I've seen in the Navy, and the best way for me to do that is to become an Officer or Chief. I made board this year (1st Time up), scored 93% on the advancemet exam with P evals. Wanna know why I got P's? Cause I'm not a kiss ass/brown noser; never will be. I have gotten advanced to E-6 in 5 years by hard work and dedication, not butt kissing. So, I'm not gonna start now.

Sorry to rant, but I need to get it off my chest. If you (The Administrators of this board) feel the need to give me the boot, then so be it.

EM1

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Look.. I was screwing around.. And if were talking about respect. It goes both ways.. I don't think he was dis-respecting me when he made a smart ass comment about it being a "bell-curve", but it could have been construde that way. And when an officer yells and curses you out for a minor mistake that you made the day before. NOW THAT IS DIS-RESPECTFUL!!! And it happens ALL the time.. EVERYDAY in my Office/Divison. I'm a person, just like you. I have family just like you. Only thing is, I went enlisted because I screwed up my first ride in College and my family couldn't afford to send me/pay for it. I feel extremely grateful to Uncle Sam for forgiving me for my mistakes and giving me a second chance at this. I go to work most of the time early, stay late, do more with less than almost everybody else in my field/job. I don't complain. If you say your gonna do something, by god in my book, you better do it, or you will definately be on my shit list, real quick. I want to change some of the things I've seen in the Navy, and the best way for me to do that is to become an Officer or Chief. I made board this year (1st Time up), scored 93% on the advancemet exam with P evals. Wanna know why I got P's? Cause I'm not a kiss ass/brown noser; never will be. I have gotten advanced to E-6 in 5 years by hard work and dedication, not butt kissing. So, I'm not gonna start now.

Sorry to rant, but I need to get it off my chest. If you (The Administrators of this board) feel the need to give me the boot, then so be it.

EM1

This is the last thing I am going to say about this matter, because it is totally off of the topic of the Poll. If the term A-hole hadn't been used no one would have said anything. Everyone now knows you were just trying to be a smart ass. The so called "guidelines" of sarcasm (smileys etc..) are known to you now, and so be it. Respect goes hand in hand with being a hard worker so don't cop out on the "I got this far cause I'm not a kiss ass". You're preaching to the choir, and everyone in the Navy knows Nukes make 1st class in 5 years, because they are pretty much all a second after their schools. I'm not saying you're not a hard worker, but take a chill pill.

SQUIDutah

pilot

EM1

An ad hominem argument? Nicely done! **Now to decide which smiley fits this....** ahhh.. :icon_mi_6

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
everyone in the Navy knows Nukes make 1st class in 5 years, because they are pretty much all a second after their schools.

BTW... we don't come out of school as a second Class... You can re-enlist for 2 more years and "earn" second class. Thats what alot of people do, and the reason why I thought it was a good acomplishment seeing as I initially thought I wasn't staying in past my intial 6 yrs, and didn't make second that way and all of those who do re-enlist make it EXTREMELY difficult to make it off the test. :D

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
I agree, just a bit high strung in this forum thats all. I have no problem respecting an a-hole officer, because I respect the rank. Just on a forum I would expect an officer not to freak out about rank and other type things. If I was a civilian I would give to rats ass if someone who said they were an officer and treated me bad. Just relax and we can all get along... Remember everything is A - ok

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
jwebster paid attention in introductory statistics class :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I thought a-hole was like a Navy lingo for referring to officers but I guess I thought wrong
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

In that case, I need to stop telling my family and friends that I'm going to be a Naval A-hole.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Internet fighting / carrying on is like the special olyimpics...Even if you win, your still retarded...

-Ken

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
It ispires me as well.

...you guys have been making this so easy for me lately

OH WELL EXCUSE ME MR. MAN!!! SORRY I LEFT OUT ONE 'N' FROM THE WORD. MAYBE THIS WILL INSPIRE ME TO SPELL CHECK NEXT TIME!!!!

(note, my message means no harm and is only in caps lock to show sarcasm, As a Pro-Rec wannabe, I fully respect the opinions and critiques of all ranks and branches, to prove this I shall insert emoticons now:D:D:icon_wink, please dont neg rep me!!!:eek:That would not make my day:()

Status
Not open for further replies.