• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Poll (NEW)

Add up your ASTB scores... AQR + PFAR + FOFAR..

• 9 to 12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13 to 15

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • 16 to 18

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • 19 to 21

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • 22 to 24

Votes: 26 32.9%
  • 25 to 27

Votes: 14 17.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtmcginn

Your like that foreign guy at work who helped me understand sarcasm,

"he say nice day but he covered with rain"

family guy quotes are always fun:D:D:D

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can't say I've ever called anyone above or below my paygrade/peer group a derogatory name. It's pretty much not funny no matter how well the joke was intended.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I have, the aviation side is a lot more laid back than surface. Especially pilots that fly with enlisted aircrew.

-Ken

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
Wow, I can't believe that officer such as yourself get offended by an enlisted member for calling you a name... even if it was on a internet forum for yourself making a joke about his/her post. Thats just crazy.

Note: This reply to the above post is total sarcasm and was not intended to be a fact in any way. The writer of this post understands that officers in the military can be crying babies who sometimes just get out of college and expect all respect even if on the internet and out of work. It is also possible that the officer is a fake based on that fact this is the internet and this is a internet forum. Jesus Christ f***ing relax.

haubby

None
Contributor
Wow, I can't believe that officer such as yourself get offended by an enlisted member for calling you a name... even if it was on a internet forum for yourself making a joke about his/her post. Thats just crazy.

Note: This reply to the above post is total sarcasm and was not intended to be a fact in any way. The writer of this post understands that officers in the military can be crying babies who sometimes just get out of college and expect all respect even if on the internet and out of work. It is also possible that the officer is a fake based on that fact this is the internet and this is a internet forum. Jesus Christ f***ing relax.

Not really sure where you are going with this. He is in fact an officer and prior enlisted to boot. He deserves respect. Don't make a fool out of yourself.

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
Either way I am not the one making a fool out of myself. Anyone on the internet that has issues with another and fights about respect is acting like a fool. The internet is one of the few places that respect isn't something to be worried about.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Either way I am not the one making a fool out of myself. Anyone on the internet that has issues with another and fights about respect is acting like a fool. The internet is one of the few places that respect isn't something to be worried about.

Regardless of your personal opinion you should always show respect to your superiors. If you sent an e-mail to your Divo would you just say hey what's up A-hole, or would you show a little class? In the Navy we send e-mail over the internet, and we address each-other accordingly. I don't think anyone here is really worried about respect, because in the military you should already know better. Take the previous comments as a friendly reminder. You are in the Navy 24 hours a day 7 days a week, even if you're in front of the computer or out getting S faced at the local watering hole. There are plenty of ways to disagree with people, but you don't have to be uncouthe.

jwebster412

aside from being one of the more interesting discussions i have read lately, i would like to make a comment on the results of the poll. it seems to me that, while the shape of the graph does indicate a bell curve, it looks as though its a little on the high side given that those particular ratings are based on the STANINE scale. It almost seems as though the results are too high and that the more medial scores should have the highest values. This might be because people with lower scores have chosen not to respond or because the scores only represent selectees or something like that. However, it seems to me that, in order to represent a real STANINE scale, the test would have to be altered to make it harder so that the the distribution of scores actually fits the correct standard deviations. just my two cents though.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
aside from being one of the more interesting discussions i have read lately, i would like to make a comment on the results of the poll. it seems to me that, while the shape of the graph does indicate a bell curve, it looks as though its a little on the high side given that those particular ratings are based on the STANINE scale. It almost seems as though the results are too high and that the more medial scores should have the highest values. This might be because people with lower scores have chosen not to respond or because the scores only represent selectees or something like that. However, it seems to me that, in order to represent a real STANINE scale, the test would have to be altered to make it harder so that the the distribution of scores actually fits the correct standard deviations. just my two cents though.

I propose a new Man Law. One should never be allowed to use the word STANINE more than once in a paragraph ever again!

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
Though I do agree with you with e-mails and things like that, I do not regard none military websites a area of military rank or anything like that. Many people play online type of games with military officers and I would more then happy to call some of them assholes and the other way around. Yes, you should respect everyone all the time, yes you shouldn't call people assholes, mostly officers, but in a case like this... the guy was kidding around on an internet forum none the less and a few of the forum members freaked out about it. I mean how kiddish can you get. Not to call anyone here a nerd (in fear of getting ridiculed) but it starting to sound like a few of the members on this forum may be just that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.