• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASIANA Boeing 777 crash landing KSFO

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The video of the actual wreck is playing on CNN and should be an advertisement for Boeing airframe survivability...great job by the engineers designing that thing...
Pickle
Well it is a 300K+ lbs airliner designed to fly at over 40K feet and suck up landings by ham fisted pilots at 130-150 kts. The mishap aircraft hit the sea wall at 103 kts. That is Cessna speed.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot

I've read too much about subpar CRM and training in Korea to discount that as an issue because of a good safety record as he seems to want to, when that record could equally be attributed to good engineering. He shouldn't say not to speculate and then publish an article with speculation.

If this turns out to be related to FCLH trap, it's another example (like Air France) of a crew not knowing their systems combined with bad CRM, plain and simple. But that's a big if, so I'll stand by for the full NTSB report.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow, just Wow. They are blaming a summer intern....or should I say a future Naval Aviator. :D

agca.jpg

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

"We apologize again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked."