• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army wings: photoshop skills needed

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Hal: The change of heart came about because we have a few other aviators from different branches that have really contributed to this website. With insights into their training, downrange exploits, and general good humor with the rest of us. I do not envision us getting "overrun", since we control the updating of the user profiles.

I think that the air force types should have them, too. Hacker and HuggyU2 come to mind as folks who have been great contributers.

I'd also add NAC wings et al. Then again, I'm not the guy who has to all of the geekery needed to make it happen. If some forum members are good at this stuff (as it would appear) then it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Just my .02.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, to my "knowledges" we only have one regularly posting AF ascot wearing individual... And didn't we already have fun with him earlier this year?
Argh. Here I thought this was in the Mods forum. Well I guess even if we did decide to do that, it'd kind of be blowing the cover off the practical joke anyway.

I award myself 2 below for posting SA and ball-busting technique. :icon_tong

brownshoe

Contributor
I think that the air force types should have them, too. Hacker and HuggyU2 come to mind as folks who have been great contributers.

In light, I too retract my derogatory remark. However, this is a naval aviation website. ( Just sayin')

Steve

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Will we also entertain USAF wings...they have all sorts of variants???
I think this covers them all.:D

1tiny-Gay_Pride_Civil_Rights_Pink_Triangle.jpg

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Don't forget these wings... err... wing:

f_USNLTAm_adcc3ce.gif

I'm sure I'm well on my way to earning these wings (wing?)... I'll be selecting in a few weeks...:D

I am confident I could fly instrument approaches in a dirigible...:D

HuggyU2

None
It's a Naval Aviation site, and if y'all want to only display Navy wings, I certainly agree that would be appropriate.
If you decide to display USAF and Army wings, then so be it. For the USAF pilot wings ("radiator wings" if you will), we've got slick wings, Senior Pilot wings with a star on top (signifying 7 years with wings), and Command Pilot wings with a star/wreath (signifying 15 years with wings).
I'll ask my Navigator buds if the 7 and 15 years also apply to their wings.