• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army wings: photoshop skills needed

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
We have a few army pilots on the site, and I want to put wings under their usernames. One of them forwarded the following image to me, and I was wondering if anyone out there has the free time, and/or skills to:

- turn them into a transparent background gif file
- match the size of the other wings we have so it will look the same

I am also attaching a copy of the pilot wings we use under the usernames as an example.

John

Attachments

• Aviator.gif
    Aviator.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 134
  • pilot_new.gif
    pilot_new.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 866

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Hard to keep the detail when shrinking; does this work?

Attachments

• army_aviator.GIF
    army_aviator.GIF
    1.4 KB · Views: 847

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
I was bored, so here's one with a shadow similar to the navy wings.

Attachments

• army_aviator_2.gif
    army_aviator_2.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 840

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Will we also entertain USAF wings...they have all sorts of variants???

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
OK, not to be the party pooper and I do respect some of the Army pilots on the site but......

I thought when you went with the Navy wings it was decided that we would not branch off into other services as the focus of this site is Naval Aviation.

Why the change of heart? I personally think we should remain limited to real (Navy) wings.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hal: The change of heart came about because we have a few other aviators from different branches that have really contributed to this website. With insights into their training, downrange exploits, and general good humor with the rest of us. I do not envision us getting "overrun", since we control the updating of the user profiles.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I say we pull a Phrog on them. Give them ascots for 3 weeks, watch them squirm, whine, pule, and moan about it, then give them wings.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Well, to my "knowledges" we only have one regularly posting AF ascot wearing individual... And didn't we already have fun with him earlier this year?