• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army girl meets Navy boy......

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
SingleSeat, I think I'm falling for your Mormon girl... that isn't yer little sister is it? I'd drop it all and move to OCS with no ring on my finger and everything... bwah!:D

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
My point: Your boyfriend could very well end up in the Pensacola, Florida area for quite a while, especially if he gets helos. Your profile says you're in Atlanta. According to mapquest, that's about a 5 hour drive. Not ideal, but you can easily make that drive for weekend visits. That would give you a lot more time to get to know each other before you pack up and leave your life behind.

That's a drive I've made more times than I can count. It's easy and it goes by quick.

peachesnel

Cut the guy some slack- he's not going to have time to pay attention to you, you're going to get pissed, ditch him and be far away from home. You won't understand his schedule, or the fact that he can't plan anything for the next day bc of the flight schedule, or the stress related with failing a flight, or how terrible a pink sheet can be. You'll be trying to play catch-up with a relationship and learn how flight school works. If you can make it through dating this guy long distance now, then you can make it through any deployment or separation later. View it as a test.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Cut the guy some slack- he's not going to have time to pay attention to you, you're going to get pissed, ditch him and be far away from home. You won't understand his schedule, or the fact that he can't plan anything for the next day bc of the flight schedule, or the stress related with failing a flight, or how terrible a pink sheet can be. You'll be trying to play catch-up with a relationship and learn how flight school works. If you can make it through dating this guy long distance now, then you can make it through any deployment or separation later. View it as a test.

Best advice in this thread. Plus ATL isn't exactly long distance.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Plus ATL isn't exactly long distance.

And he gets an extra hour of studying in the time change to Central.

I always giggled a little bit taking Exit 69 off I-65...I'm sorry, Slammer thru me off with his comment...just wrong! Funny, but wrong!