• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army girl meets Navy boy......

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Stay where you are. Wait till he is no where near Corpus.

Edit: Because Corpus sucks. For everyone.

MasterBates

Dan, she was behind you with a rolling pin while you wrote that on a visit to GITMO, right? :D

For Chunks it has worked out well.

I have seen a dozen guys get married to a girl they did not date for that long (other than myself) and they run the gamut from:

Clean divorce- no kids
Clean divorce- good custody agreement and reasonable child support, no alimony
NASTY divorce- paying out the ass between CS and Alimony. Never can see his kids
NASTY divorce- paying out ass, while she lives in luxury with her new boy toy. No kids (no, not me)
3 or 4 that are fucking miserable but staying for either the kids or fear of getting the FL or CA court Phallus of Justice rammed up their ass with no lube (read as insane alimony)
1 that seems genuinely happy without kids
1 that seems happy in public, but knowing him is a shell of his former self
2 that are married, kids and it's going great.

That's out of 12 guys I know who married girls they met in FS or prior and knew less that a year when they got married.

3 or 4 that are happy out of 12. I don't like those odds. The numbers seem a bit better for friends who dated 12 months or longer before throwing their life away, but it's still not a gaurantee.

Step away from your hormones and fairtytale ideals. Unless you were a deploying reservist (and by that I don't mean 2 weeks to Montana for training) and went to one of our fine exotic shitholes for 4-6 months or longer, you probably don't "get it" as much as you think you do.

Casey "I was not born this bitter" Bates

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
I will say that there IS justice out there, MB this made me think of you.

One of my good buddies from college just spent 90 grand in legal fees getting divorced in Atlanta. Not only did he get custody of their son, SHE has to pay HIM $1200 a month in CS! I thought I was going to cry for joy when I heard the news!!!

MasterBates

Yeah.. How long is that $1200 a month going to take to pay off the $90K.

A woman normally would have gotten that much, and alimony for far less in legal fees, which the man would probably have to pay a chunk of.

Guys can get custody and come out clean in divorces, but it takes a lot more $$$ for that to happen. Plus the stars must align.

Clux4

Banned
Why is everyone talking about the guy giving a ring?
That ring shi!t is old. I can give a girl a ring and walk away if I think she is a psycho. so much for my commitment. It used to be back in the day when an engagement ring meant alot.

Like MB said, take your time to know this person. The hours you spend at work and away from each other will create problems. Someone told me recently that among other professions, the Law enforcement industry is next in line with high divorce numbers.
I wonder if it is as result of long hours away from home or that alot of the law enforcement officers were also service members. (Is it the people or them being away from home?) Anyone heard this?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I dated this army chick one time... weekend warrior type...

CRRRRAAAAZZZZZZYYYYYYYY!!!

;)

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I wonder if it is as result of long hours away from home or that alot of the law enforcement officers were also service members. (Is it the people or them being away from home?) Anyone heard this?

My personal take is that most people rush in to marriage with unrealistic expectations and for the wrong reasons.

What's more, when the sh*t is not working out, they simply give up and divorce rather than tough it out and work out their differences.

Clux4

Banned
I dated this army chick one time... weekend warrior type...

CRRRRAAAAZZZZZZYYYYYYYY!!!

;)

I once dated a reserve army chick in college.
I do not know if crazy will describe her. She was just unique.
I hope we are not talking about the same person. That would be really fvcked up :eek:

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
God help me for even bothering to jump in on this...

My first piece of advice: Join the Private Spouses Corner forum if you want your questions answered without the drama.

My husband and I were very early in our relationship when he left for OCS as well. We had been dating for about 4 months when he found out he was accepted and he left 3 months after that. I know a lot of people would have moved but it never even crossed my mind to move at that stage of our relationship. We were long distance for about 8 months while he was in OCS/API, but he ended up in Corpus Christi for Primary and Advanced while I was about 4 hours away in Houston. I drove to visit about every other weekend, and by the end of those 15 months, we were both a lot more sure about the future of the relationship. We got engaged 5 days before he winged.

My point: Your boyfriend could very well end up in the Pensacola, Florida area for quite a while, especially if he gets helos. Your profile says you're in Atlanta. According to mapquest, that's about a 5 hour drive. Not ideal, but you can easily make that drive for weekend visits. That would give you a lot more time to get to know each other before you pack up and leave your life behind.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
God help me for even bothering to jump in on this...

My first piece of advice: Join the Private Spouses Corner forum if you want your questions answered without the drama.

My husband and I were very early in our relationship when he left for OCS as well. We had been dating for about 4 months when he found out he was accepted and he left 3 months after that. I know a lot of people would have moved but it never even crossed my mind to move at that stage of our relationship. We were long distance for about 8 months while he was in OCS/API, but he ended up in Corpus Christi for Primary and Advanced while I was about 4 hours away in Houston. I drove to visit about every other weekend, and by the end of those 15 months, we were both a lot more sure about the future of the relationship. We got engaged 5 days before he winged.

My point: Your boyfriend could very well end up in the Pensacola, Florida area for quite a while, especially if he gets helos. Your profile says you're in Atlanta. According to mapquest, that's about a 5 hour drive. Not ideal, but you can easily make that drive for weekend visits. That would give you a lot more time to get to know each other before you pack up and leave your life behind.

You ended the drama and thus have sucked up all the reasons for continuing to follow this thread there Mrs. Fun Sponge.